Question When I launch CS:GO, my resolution changes in and out of game ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjenvey777

Honorable
Apr 20, 2018
So will try and explain this, I have a resolution of 2560x1440p on windows and when I play CSGO and a refresh rate of 240hz. Recently, when I launch CSGO if I tab out of the game and click my desktop it will change my resolution to 1920x1080 and at 60hz. I will try and change it back in windows and as soon as I click back on my desktop or tab back into the game it will revert back to 1920x1080 and 60Hz (I've also done this on the Nvidia side of things but get the same result).

I think this happened to me a year or 2 ago and not sure what I done to fix it. The only temporary fix I have is uninstall the driver and reinstall it again but I think this only works until I restart my computer and then it everything will happen again.

I've made a short video to try and showcase the error in case I haven't explained it right, Probably watch the video on 2x only a min long.

Lastly just want to add that even when I close the game and try and revert back to the native resolution it just won't let me.

sjenvey777

Honorable
Apr 20, 2018
So I'm not sure if anyone is going to care, but just for future reference in case anyone stumbles into this problem.

I use a program called VibranceGUI for CSGO and has a option that was unticked at the time called "Never Change Resolutions". I didn't even think this would be a thing but started checking everything. Now I'm not 100% it's fixed long term but for now it seems ok.

Again I'm not sure if anyone cares but if I have a problem I'd like to take note for future people, If I managed to fix it myself.

Aug 5, 2022
So I'm not sure if anyone is going to care, but just for future reference in case anyone stumbles into this problem.

I use a program called VibranceGUI for CSGO and has a option that was unticked at the time called "Never Change Resolutions". I didn't even think this would be a thing but started checking everything. Now I'm not 100% it's fixed long term but for now it seems ok.

Again I'm not sure if anyone cares but if I have a problem I'd like to take note for future people, If I managed to fix it myself.
Ok i literally made an account just to thank you, we have IDENTICAL setups and never in my life would I have thought to check vibranceGUI, thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.