[SOLVED] When I plug my pc to the router everything connected with ethernet cables stops working only wifi stays one ???

kristof55pl

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2012
Hello
As the title says all of a sudden recently my internet stopped working after some troubleshooting I found that when my pc is connected to the router the internet stops working for all devices connected by ethernet including my pc
when I unplug it Internet comes back the only thing that works when my pc is connected is the WIFI
I ve bought a new ethernet cable same thing happens and I've got a new router still the issue persists can someone please help me I dont know what to do I am starting to think that this issue comes from my pc
I spoke with my ISP and they are just useless no one know's I have an engineer scheduled for saturday but I feel like this is something that can be fixed

Solution
That's good. It's actually great how cheap a gigabit card is today.

You can download a linux live cd/usb for free. It's handy for whenever a system acts up and you want to just check and make sure it's not a hardware issue. If it work with the live cd, then it definitely isn't a hardware issue. :)

Probably the newest update of that app had some malware in it. If you still want to use it, I'd try an older version and don't update it or let it self-update. These days most problems come from updates because people are forced to use them for 'security' so no one cares to check if they break stuff before they're released. It's a broken system full of more broken stuff.

Ralston18

Titan
On your PC ensure that only the wired (Ethernet) network adapter is enabled when using wired connectivity. WIFI network adapter should be disabled.

Next, check the IP addresses: especially the router (lkely to be something like 192.168.1.1) and the IP address of your PC.

Make and model router?

Run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Pprompt.

Also run"arp -a" via the Command Prompt.

Post the results of both runs.

Could be an IP address conflict.

kristof55pl

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2012
Thank you all for these fast replies but I spent more time troubleshooting and turns out my on board ethernet port is faulty
I moved my computer downstairs to try the other ethernet cable that works and the same thing is happening
I decided to buy an PCIE network card my should work fine on that right ?

Thank you all for these fast replies but I spent more time troubleshooting and turns out my on board ethernet port is faulty
I moved my computer downstairs to try the other ethernet cable that works and the same thing is happening
I decided to buy an PCIE network card my should work fine on that right ?
It's not necessarily bad. It would just be windows.

Boot up a linux live cd/usb and test it there. I'm almost willing to bet that it will work fine there. And if it does--windows issue.

If it does the same thing, then yes, hardware issue, and a simple pcie nic should fix the issue. You can even get a usb 3.0 external one if you want.

kristof55pl

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2012
Guys I am running out of patience I feel like stomping my pc to bits I dont get I've spent all day today trying to fix this issue
Reset my CMOS
Done all the ipconfig stuff and winsock
Full reintalled my windows 10 formated all of my SSD's
Tried 3 different ethernet cables
Installed a brand new tp link pci adapter

After installing the PCIe card and formating my windows the internet worked flawlessly for an hour managed to download couple of games and even played one for 30 minutes and then suddenly it died again and now I am lost I k ow it moght be the mobo thats faulty but shouldnt the pcie adapter fix the issue I dont get it
Called my ISP they are just useless zero advice told me.its a hardware issue but the guy sounded like.he knew nothing please help me :(
Lockdown with no internet is driving me nuts

kristof55pl

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2012
Yes sir legit copy
Apart from the games I of course installed gpu drivers google chrome and remote mouse app that I ve been using for few years now to control my mouse and keyboard through my mobile

kristof55pl

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2012
Wooooow what the actual f*** as soon as i deleted remote mouse the internet started to work !!!!
Thanks a lot man why didnt i thibk of that sooner
I ll keep you updated if the internet goes down again 😁

Reactions: rgd1101