[SOLVED] When I restart PC it only turns off the monitor but motherboard lights still on and fans still on ?

Oct 31, 2021
Why do my pc cant restart? When i restart from the windows it doesnt work as well as manually pressing restart on the case. Also when there is problems in the system and it does automatic repair, usually it will automatically restart but it only turns off the monitor but motherboard lights still on and fans still on. It stays like that forever.
Is this some kind of system problem or some hardware problem ?

Device name DESKTOP-TG0UH7P
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7100 CPU @ 3.90GHz 3.91 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.89 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
iGPU: Intel HD Graphics 630

Solution
Resetting BIOS
You might need to restore the default BIOS setting to solve certain problems.
There are several ways to reset BIOS:
● Go to BIOS and press F6 to load optimized defaults.
● Short the Clear CMOS jumper on the motherboard.
● Press the Clear CMOS button, on the rear I/O panel. (Only for the motherboard with clear CMOS button.

above is from Z170 motherbaord manual, reason being MSI doesn't list all the bios commands in the H110M manual but they pretty much always do in the Z model manuals

try the bios option first

Colif

Win 11 Master
When i restart from the windows it doesn't work as well as manually pressing restart on the case. Also when there is problems in the system and it does automatic repair, usually it will automatically restart but it only turns off the monitor but motherboard lights still on and fans still on. It stays like that forever.
SO it stays on when it should restart.

You can try resetting the bios settings to defaults, as it is the bios that is meant to restart PC, windows is obviously turning off but bios is missing a signal to restart PC.
Odd button on case also doesn't work.
What motherboard do you have?
What make/model PSU?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Resetting BIOS
You might need to restore the default BIOS setting to solve certain problems.
There are several ways to reset BIOS:
● Go to BIOS and press F6 to load optimized defaults.
● Short the Clear CMOS jumper on the motherboard.
● Press the Clear CMOS button, on the rear I/O panel. (Only for the motherboard with clear CMOS button.

above is from Z170 motherbaord manual, reason being MSI doesn't list all the bios commands in the H110M manual but they pretty much always do in the Z model manuals

try the bios option first

Solution