when i start cmd result displayed is _______cmd -------- data error(cyclic redundancy check).

Gujjula

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016
when i start cmd result displayed is _______cmd -------- data error(cyclic redundancy check).

Solution
Welcome to Tom's Hardware, @Gujjula!

Can you please specify why you are trying to run CMD in the first place? Is this an external or an internal drive? It would also be very helpful if you share more details about your system configuration (PC specs). Since you get this Cyclic Redundancy Check, you should definitely consider backing up all important files from the drive in question somewhere else immediately! Afterwards, try running its manufacturer's brand-specific diagnostic utility. It will help you determine the health and SMART status of the drive. Check how things look in Disk Management as well. Posting some screenshots from there would be helpful, too.

Keep me posted with the details & troubleshooting...
Welcome to Tom's Hardware, @Gujjula!

Can you please specify why you are trying to run CMD in the first place? Is this an external or an internal drive? It would also be very helpful if you share more details about your system configuration (PC specs). Since you get this Cyclic Redundancy Check, you should definitely consider backing up all important files from the drive in question somewhere else immediately! Afterwards, try running its manufacturer's brand-specific diagnostic utility. It will help you determine the health and SMART status of the drive. Check how things look in Disk Management as well. Posting some screenshots from there would be helpful, too.

Keep me posted with the details & troubleshooting!
SuperSoph_WD

Solution