[SOLVED] When I try and start the Microsoft Remote Assistance MSRA.exe comes up with Bad Image Error msgHook64.dll Error please help

spikeysonic

Prominent
Jul 23, 2018
Tried to run the Microsoft Remote Assistance App on Windows 10 to try and help my girlfriend with some problems and I keep gettinf this error popup.

MSRA.exe - Bad Image

C:\Program Diles (x86)\Common Files\Portrait Displays\Plugins\DP\msgHoo64.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.Try installing the program again using th e original installation media or contact your system administrator or software vendor for support. Error status 0xc0000428

Oh and when it pops up you cant close the popup, or auto shut down or reset the computer. You have to do a hard shut down with the computer off button

I tried the Microsoft10 iso update,

tried the

•- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
•- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
•- DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
•- sfc /scannow

Help please

spikeysonic

Prominent
Jul 23, 2018
No luck, also cannot do a repair windows 10 via the boot menu with a windows USB

Can anyone get microsoft remote assistance working in Windows 10 now without the Bad Image Error msgHook64.dll Error

Actual personal success at doing it

USAFRet

Titan
No luck, also cannot do a repair windows 10 via the boot menu with a windows USB

Can anyone get microsoft remote assistance working in Windows 10 now without the Bad Image Error msgHook64.dll Error

Actual personal success at doing it
A test, just now:
I8PIxR4.png

My main system 'assisting' my HTPC.

TRENDING THREADS