[SOLVED] When i turn on my system i get a red flashing light from the CPU ?

May 21, 2021
Hi so i moved my computer recently to my living room and it was just fine but i poked it once and then it turned off.
Now whenever i try to turn it on there is this red light on the CPU part of the motherboard ?

Cpu-i5-10600k
GPU-1660
motherboard Z490-A
PSU Corsair 650W
all less than 2 months old

Last edited:
Solution
If the motherboard has POST progress LEDs and gets stuck on CPU which is likely the first one, it means the CPU isn't getting far enough into the boot process to light up the next progress LED. The most likely cause would be bad contact in the CPU socket. Depending on how hard of a "poke" that was, damage to the motherboard may also be a possibility. A third option is that moving the PC caused something that was almost shorted before to be shorted now and preventing the CPU from booting.
May 21, 2021
If you posses the knowledge on how to do this, try to reseat all the components on the motherboard such as the cpu, ram, and gpu. and see if it helps. it might be that those component got loose in transit.

InvalidError

Titan
If the motherboard has POST progress LEDs and gets stuck on CPU which is likely the first one, it means the CPU isn't getting far enough into the boot process to light up the next progress LED. The most likely cause would be bad contact in the CPU socket. Depending on how hard of a "poke" that was, damage to the motherboard may also be a possibility. A third option is that moving the PC caused something that was almost shorted before to be shorted now and preventing the CPU from booting.

Solution
May 21, 2021
it was literally a poke with my index finger on the side panel but yeah i dont see what could be the issue atm i've tried to check the pins on the CPU and socket they seem perfectly fine i honestly think it got shorted somehow and something was on the brink for now i've contacted Intel to get the CPU checked and about to contact ASUS to get the motherboard checked as i dont have a back up cpu or motherboard to check which one is the faulty one and no nearby computer stores that i can use to check.

jrglol

Reputable
Jun 27, 2017
it was literally a poke with my index finger on the side panel but yeah i dont see what could be the issue atm i've tried to check the pins on the CPU and socket they seem perfectly fine i honestly think it got shorted somehow and something was on the brink for now i've contacted Intel to get the CPU checked and about to contact ASUS to get the motherboard checked as i dont have a back up cpu or motherboard to check which one is the faulty one and no nearby computer stores that i can use to check.
try removing the CMOS battery???

InvalidError

Titan
Before returning everything, I'd try pulling the motherboard out of the case onto the box and anti-static bag it came from to eliminate any possible shorts to case from the equation, see if that works.

For example, many people accidentally stick an IO shield ground tab into an IO port. Personally, I have always noticed these while putting systems together simply because having IO shield tabs stuck in a connector make it very difficult to align the motherboard with studs. When things don't fit together without significant effort, it is usually because something isn't right.