When is the best time to evolve a Kadabra?

This is a general question for all the pokemon that don't evolve
automatically (Kadabra, Clefairy etc.). When is the best time (best level)
to evolve it? Will evolving a Kadabra to Alakazam at L20 mean my eventual
stats of my AlakazamL100 be different than if i evolved my Kadabra at L30,
or will it make no difference?

Wizzle wrote:
> This is a general question for all the pokemon that don't evolve
> automatically (Kadabra, Clefairy etc.). When is the best time (best level)
> to evolve it? Will evolving a Kadabra to Alakazam at L20 mean my eventual
> stats of my AlakazamL100 be different than if i evolved my Kadabra at L30,
> or will it make no difference?

Evolving a pokemon later does not have any negative effects on its
stats. If you can evolve it at level 20, but you wait until level 50
(for example), when it evolves at 50 it will 'catch up' with all the
stat changes for the past 30 levels.

Having said that, I believe that Alakazam learns everything that Kadabra
does at the same levels, so it's best to just evolve it ASAP so you can
take advantage of the better stats early on. You should hold off
evolution if you need a lower level pokemon to learn something that a
higher evolution can't (e.g. Torchic learns Flamethrower, but it's
evolutions don't).

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005, Wizzle wrote:
> This is a general question for all the pokemon that don't evolve
> automatically (Kadabra, Clefairy etc.). When is the best time (best level)
> to evolve it? Will evolving a Kadabra to Alakazam at L20 mean my eventual
> stats of my AlakazamL100 be different than if i evolved my Kadabra at L30,
> or will it make no difference?

There seems to be no reason to not evolve your Kadabra, Haunter, Graveler
or Machoke as soon as you can. Not sure of the other traders...

In article <42b8bc8f@news.usenetzone.com>,
Chet Weaver - Intersteller Hitchhiker <ZeroOhki@netscape.net> wrote:
>Joseph William Dixon wrote:
>> On Sun, 19 Jun 2005, Wizzle wrote:
>>
>>>This is a general question for all the pokemon that don't evolve
>>>automatically (Kadabra, Clefairy etc.). When is the best time (best level)
>>>to evolve it? Will evolving a Kadabra to Alakazam at L20 mean my eventual
>>>stats of my AlakazamL100 be different than if i evolved my Kadabra at L30,
>>>or will it make no difference?
>>
>> There seems to be no reason to not evolve your Kadabra, Haunter, Graveler
>> or Machoke as soon as you can. Not sure of the other traders...
>>
>Actually, unless I'm mistaken, those four Pokemon learn nothing in their
>most evolved forms. Or am I thinking of the Pokemon you evolve via a stone?

You are. Most Pokemon that evolve through stones learn very few moves
(sometimes none, sometimes one) afterwards. Pokemon that evolve
just through trades, like the four above, learn moves on exactly the
same schedule as before.

And, of course, there are Pokemon you evolve normally that you don't
necessarily want to evolve fast. A Nincada learns False Swipe (a
*very* useful move, if specialized) at L25, so you may want to keep
it from evolving for five levels after it starts trying.

david@thornley.net | If you don't, flee.