When is the GTX 960 coming?

Solution
http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/anton-shilov/nvidia-postpones-release-of-geforce-gtx-960-graphics-card/

Although Nvidia Corp. was expected to release its GeForce GTX 960 graphics solution in October, 2014, a new market rumour suggests that the company will only launch its new performance-mainstream graphics card in 2015.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/anton-shilov/nvidia-postpones-release-of-geforce-gtx-960-graphics-card/

Although Nvidia Corp. was expected to release its GeForce GTX 960 graphics solution in October, 2014, a new market rumour suggests that the company will only launch its new performance-mainstream graphics card in 2015.

Solution

Peter0007

Reputable
Jul 4, 2014
Why wait for a GTX 960? It is going to be weaker than the 970. No one really waits for a weaker card, well for average no one really does. You should just get the GTX 970. It will be way faster.

Well that's what we will say but it is out of the question. He only wants to know when it will be released.

Correct.

Peter, not everybody can afford a GTX 970 (even though it has a very very good price to performance ratio). No matter how powerful a card is, there will always need to be budget cards for those who can't afford the higher cards.

Plus, with how good the gtx 970 is, I would assume the gtx 960 would give us r9 280X/GTX770 performance at $250. (which would be enough for my single 1080P monitor.

dlhawkins

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013

Agreed, I'm also waiting on the 960. It was suppose to be released last month but it will prob be a couple of months till it comes out. I would also like to add that the 970 is an amazing GPU, but I'd guess/ heard rumors that the 960 will be about 95% the performance of a 780 and about 115% the performance of a 770. and will cost about 100 usd less then a 970. and could be as low as maybe 100 watts. If this is true that would make this a very interesting card in my opinion. It would not be more powerful then the 970 of course and if that's all you care about then you should buy a Titan Z with that logic. But I would say that the 960 could be the better value over the 970.

Wow if that's so, then ill easily wait for the gtx 960 over the 970.