when launching OW - No compatible graphics hardware was found -

hunter27205

Commendable
Sep 17, 2017
Hi,

When i launch the game OverWatch i get this error message, 'No compatible graphics driver was found', i have tried installing of the latest window updates, re-installing my drivers, (now i can only access two channels in Nvidia control panel: manage 3D settings - Adjust image with previews', in Geforce experience, it says i have the latest driver but, - no information is available - when i click on it.

Saw someone saying they were going to change device resolution, so tried that and it didn't work, there must be something wrong with Nvidia but honestly i have no idea, i have been trying to fix this for days now and im going to decay out of top500 if i don't fix it this week :c

Solution
You did not list any system info so a bit hard to know what the issue is. You could be trying to run the game on a toaster for all we know.

Do other games work? Did the game work before?

hunter27205

Commendable
Sep 17, 2017

Hey, yeah sorry, i managed to fix the issue, i use a dell xps 9560 (i5 varient),

it turned out to be something to do with the battery, once restarting the system with the battery unplugged nvidia control panel will give me the option to set the 1050 in the laptop as the physX processor.