When my display is connected with gpu output intel gpu panel is not in the properties. when output is from motherboard itshow

Jun 2, 2018
Hi,I recently build my new PC specs-
I7 7700k
Gtx 1080
Corsair 8gb ram
Gigabyte z270hd3p mb

When I plug form mother board my intel hd graphics works and intel graphics panel is also there in properties.but when I plug gpu then when I right click on destop only nvidi control panel shows. Also in nvidia control panel/3D settings there is no option for preferred gpu.
But my task manager is showing intel graphics 630.and also I have updated all drivers.plz help me

kraelic

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2006
Desktops do not use optimus like laptops do. Both are installed and both work, if needed you can run two monitors one to the card and one to the motherboard for extra work space or a monitor to watch some video on while working on the main.

https://gist.github.com/rplacd/39b5ab0791fe63fa27f5 if you really want to enable it. You would then run the monitor on the motherboard and the nvidia could power down when not needed.

Sep 26, 2020
For desktop users, that means that their PC is set to a dual graphics card configuration, so their PC utilizing two GPUs: a discrete (dedicated) GPU, and an integrated (within the CPU) GPU. To clear things out, your Nvidia GPU is your discrete GPU.
“You are not currently using a display attached to an Nvidia GPU” error occurs because your system is utilizing the integrated GPU. Simply put, your monitor’s display is connected to the integrated GPU, prompting that your discrete GPU isn’t giving any output.