When Playing games my Computer will at certain times start to horribly lag/stutter

marrow

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
Hi, well as i wrote above, When Playing games my Computer will at certain times start to horribly lag/stutter i`m talking about 1-2 frames/sec and also the sound lags/stutters it makes it hard to even turn the game of and go back to windows,
However! it does not stop there, the lag/stuttering continues in windows, sometimes for Hours and sometimes for minutes, this continues when i try to shut the computer down, it can take a very long time,
BUT it does not end yet, upon restarting the computer the stuttering is still in effect!, it starts as soon as the win logo show up on screen, freezing the little dots in place moving them an inch a minute, (at least it seams like it) after 20 or so min windows usually starts (not always, once or twice the computer has simply stopped loading),
now usually things are fine again (one time the lag/stutter continued and i had to restart the computer once more) the computer will work just like normally until i start another game.

Now to some things i have noticed, it would seam it is only fairly graphic intense games witch this happens on, like a Heavily moded skyrim and Batman arkham City to name a few.

Only one time have i had this happen outside a game but then i had recently played a game.

I can always play the games for about 5-20 min before the lag/stutter

I have had this problem before, 4-5 times in about 2 years and one time i had to clean install windows to make it go away, but the other times they seam to just disappear.

I have noticed that on my cpu one of the cores (the first) maxes out when the lag/stuttering starts.

I used to have Windows gadgets activated and the Sidebar, however i noticed when they were activated the Lag/stuttering would start sooner, so i have now turned them off.

Computer components:
Sabertooth P67 (revised ed)
Psu zalman zm850-hp
Intel Core i7-2600 Cpu 3,40Ghz with Corsair Hydro H100
Corsair Vengeance 8Gb 1600Mhz (2 4gb modules)
Gainward Gtx 680 Phantom 4gb
Win7 Extreme Ed installed on a Verbatim sata-2 128Gb SSD
Games installed on a Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM/64mb
I also have a Steelseries Seberia headset with Sound-card (never had any problems with this and the on-board sound-card)

Windows is fully updated as is all other hardware and Software at least as well as i know, i have also tried beta drives from Nvidia with no change.
i`v done clean install of the Graphic`s card with no effect.

I have done serious tests on the computer memory with Windows Memory test at start up, and many others like Memtest in windows, only thing to mention was Memtest with found 1 failure in about 50 run times, I have also tested the memory modules separately and switched them around in the dim slots with no effect.

Before this started to happen i had my computer Overclocked by Asus Oc manager in bios, witch i have now shut of as i try to find the problem.

This is starting to drive me bonkers,

so is there any Computer wizard out there who is willing to look at this, maybe scold me because the solution is easy as hell but i`m to thick headed to see it!?,
any help would be appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS