When should I buy these components?

jopo

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
Okay, I came here a month ago asking about what components to buy to build a PC and the great community helped me out allot about choosing the best components for my build.

Now i am going to buy the components but I don't think i can afford to buy all at once so i have decided that I will probably buy half components around Christmas and the other half early next year.
Should I do this? or should i save up and buy all at once?, if so which parts should i buy at Christmas.

Solution
You should save up and purchase all at once. That way, if any of the components you receive are faulty, you can return them to the store, rather than having to go through the warranty process, which could take weeks.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
You should save up and purchase all at once. That way, if any of the components you receive are faulty, you can return them to the store, rather than having to go through the warranty process, which could take weeks.

-Wolf sends

Solution

gamer1357

Reputable
Aug 6, 2014
I say buy all at once. The parts that you buy during Christmas may be obsolete in 2015. Intel is coming out with their new CPU next year and AMD is hopefully releasing their 20nm gpu's, which nvidia may also counter with their own 20nm gpu's. If you can't buy enough parts at once to have a working computer, just go ahead and wait until you can.

Wolfshadw

Titan
While not impossible, it's unlikely that the components you're looking to purchase will be discounted enough (if at all). No harm in checking, of course, but don't be surprised if you end up waiting until you originally intend to purchase.

-Wolf sends

jopo

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

Okay then, thanks for helping make my decision.