[SOLVED] When the next best CPU after 8700K and 9900 be released?

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
Few months ago, the best Intel CPUs were the 8700K and i9-9900K (if money is no problem). What about now? If I could wait for earlier next year, when the next best CPU be out? Since the end of the year is approaching, if I am going to wait for earlier next year, I want one with meltdown and spectre removed hardware-wise.

Solution

Right now, if you want the outright best, money no issue then the 9900K with 8 cores and 16 threads...it is a monster but with a monster price. The 8700K which I have is also a fantastic CPU and overclocks extremely well to 5GHz with ease. I have mine running at 4.9GHz for a 24/7 overclock at 1.28v and it is more than powerful...

But in your very specific use case, it looks like the 9900K and you will have to wait at least 6 months before the new 10nm CPU's roll out...
with intel it may be all of next year for a new cpu to drop. depends if they can get there 10nm cpu yeileds up. or if there going to jump to another node. if you can wait do it as the cost of cpu will come down when inte lcan start making more 9x cpu.

Early next year in quarter 1 and at worst quarter 2 the new Ryzen 3rd gen will be out running at 7nm...This should be a fairly big increase in performance...Then probably in Q2 and at the latest Q3 the new Intel 10nm CPU's will be out... 10nm Intel versus 7nm Ryzen will probably be very similar with Intel still having the clock speed advantage....Both will have been hardened from Spectre and meltdown...Bottom line, no matter what happens we will not really know the true potential of these future CPU's until they are actually out.

Right now you have good options in the 8700K which games as well as the 9900K for a lot less and the Ryzen 2600/2700 and 2700X which pound for pound is a outstanding buy...You can't really go wrong with either CPU as they will provide more than enough performance to see you through the next 3 to 4 years.

Right now, if you want the outright best, money no issue then the 9900K with 8 cores and 16 threads...it is a monster but with a monster price. The 8700K which I have is also a fantastic CPU and overclocks extremely well to 5GHz with ease. I have mine running at 4.9GHz for a 24/7 overclock at 1.28v and it is more than powerful...

But in your very specific use case, it looks like the 9900K and you will have to wait at least 6 months before the new 10nm CPU's roll out...

Solution