Question When to pull trigger on a new 6700XT or 6800?

NWCherokee

Reputable
Feb 12, 2021
Looking to get something in the 6700xt-6800xt range and prices keep trending down. What is the current thoughts on where and when the market bottoms out on this range? Not in a hurry...

Well, since the new cards are RIGHT around the corner, and the holiday shopping season (Which will likely create shortages on everything even semi-popular given the already short supply of most PC hardware we've been seeing for like two years now, but which has recovered slightly) I'd be surprised if we saw any additional savings after November so anytime between now and the beginning of December is probably the best time you're likely to see in terms of hardware prices this year and into next year. Especially considering that OPEC has decided to cut production, which means gas prices are likely going to go back up again, which means everything is probably going to go back up again before very long.

If you see something now at a price you think is at least reasonable, it might be wise to simply get it while you can because things are simply too unstable right now to really say WHAT might be happening a month from now.

NWCherokee

Reputable
Feb 12, 2021
I guess I will just buy something now. So based on my current system specs below, what would be recommended for using my existing psu and maximizing my current monitor?

AMD 5900x CPU w/ Noctua U-14s
Gigabyte x570 Aorus Ultra
32GB G.Skill Trident z Neo pc-3600 cl16
1tb WD SN850
1tb Samsung 960PRO
Corsair RM850x 850w psu
Dell S3422dwg (3440x1440 144mhz monitor 34")

With that CPU and power supply you can run just about anything you want short of the 4090, and possibly even that depending on the specific model, although I'd really recommend a 1000-1200w unit of good quality for that.

What is your budget for a card and what country are you in?