When will GTX 980 Ti be released?

Arronleeds

Reputable
Nov 14, 2014
Not even had mine a month either, gonna replace the gpu thermal paste see what happens, strange how all of a sudden its heating my whole pc, when Ive not even used my pc for a week until now. Anyway I can't wait for the 980ti it will be amazing but I wish the would make a 990, like the 690. It would probably be like 2x980s.

CTurbo

Pizza Monster
What are you trying to do? What resolution are you using? The 690 is still one of the best cards for 1080p, but there are better options at higher resolutions.

The 390/390x should be out soon and should be on the top of the food chain until the 980ti arrives.

CTurbo

Pizza Monster
You realize that most of the Radeons on the market right now do NOT have any heat issues, and while they are power hogs, the 300 series is supposed to address that issue. I am not a fanboy one way or another, I am a fan of performance and value, and while there is not a single AMD cpu that I can recommend, the GTX970 is the only nvidia gpu I recommend. AMD is killing nvidia in gpu price/performance.

Blubberykollis

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2013
I know they have better performance for the price. I am fully aware of that.
And when I say heat issues, I am referring to the reference models. Such as the r9 290x that hits a whopping 94° after 5 minutes of gaming and have the decibels of a jet engine.

But I can't say I am much for price/performance as it is right now.

Well TBH I would sacrifice some money and performance for power efficiency and coolness. I own a 750Ti and I realize that while it may be a cheaper card on 100% usage it stays under 50 degrees. That's really saying a lot, and because of that I am inclined to stay Nvidia. So yes call me a fan boy I guess. I do though understand AMD's better performance/price.

CTurbo

Pizza Monster
There is a time and place for efficiency, and a time and place for MORE POWER. There is no debate that Intel offers WAY more performance per watt. The 750ti is an EXCELLENT card for OEM users that desperately need an upgrade. The new 960 is the same way on a larger scale. The 970 can run comfortably on a 500w psu. AMD cannot compete in these situations.

But for all of the people who aren't concerned with or need that efficiency, AMD has a faster and more powerful card in every price range below $300. AMD doesn't have a single card other than the 295x2 that can compete with the 980, but two 290x cards costs only like $50 more than a single 980 and offer like 75% more performance. That is an outstanding value. Radeon cards from Asus, XFX, and especially Sapphire are equal in quality to nvidia cards. The Sapphire cards in particular are no hotter or louder than the nvidia counterparts.

I don't really understand the hate here.

Who's hating?