[SOLVED] When will Intel 10nm Desktop gaming processors be released and what will its name be?

bluepheonix1

Reputable
Aug 15, 2015
I am seriously looking at upgrading my PC and have had my eye on waiting for the Intel 10nm chips to drop each year, for years now. I’m strongly in need of an upgrade and have been waiting for 10nm because of the proposed energy efficiency compared to the same workload as well as better performance.

Each year, the Intel 10nm chips are speculated to be released but Intel keeps pushing back the release dates for them and just further refines their current 14nm nodes (+++).

I keep reading a bunch of websites from Toms' to Anandtech, Wccftech etc. regarding Intel 10nm release dates but it all seems just pure speculation and also timeline slides that Intel keeps handing out every year but that never really follows through with. So Ive taken all of what these websites say with a grain of salt.

I just got off the phone with HP today and unfortunately because HP customer service is outsourced to other countries effectively communicating with them what I am requesting is a challenge. So is getting reliable information. I thought by asking a vendor such as HP they would be one of the first to know. Finally, after some prodding and re-explaining my question, I was told that HP's current fastest desktop chip is the Cannonlake I7-9900k which is Intel's 14nm chip. They said that that they have no information on when the 10nm desktop chips will be available.

After searching online it looks like Intel's 10nm chips will be named Ice Lake and Tiger Lake. I am not sure which one of those will be the gaming desktop version though.

When will Intel 10nm Desktop gaming processors be released and what will its name be?

Thank you

Solution
Ice Lake has released -- it's the 10nm Laptop lineup with the G-Suffix. Got one of these bad boys at home. They have released Q4 2019.

As for the Desktop -- nobody knows yet. Q1 2021 is the most consistent rumour I've heard, maybe Christmas 2020. Should run as Ice Lake as well.
Tiger Lake is the refined Ice Lake series, so far only Laptops are confirmed afaik
Ice Lake has released -- it's the 10nm Laptop lineup with the G-Suffix. Got one of these bad boys at home. They have released Q4 2019.

As for the Desktop -- nobody knows yet. Q1 2021 is the most consistent rumour I've heard, maybe Christmas 2020. Should run as Ice Lake as well.
Tiger Lake is the refined Ice Lake series, so far only Laptops are confirmed afaik

Solution