Question WHEN WILL THE GPU PRICES GO DOWN

Jake The Daug

Prominent
Dec 8, 2019
So about 1 year ago I bought this computer (Ryzen 5 3600; 3600 16g RAM; and a GTX 950 from my old pc) and I had to reuse my GPU from my old computer because I wanted to buy the RTX 3070 that at the time was 500 Euros but at the time there was no stock so I thought there would be stock in about one month or so and now here I am still waiting 1 year later with basically a unfinished build where everything is good but the GPU. So when will the GPU prices go down and when will there be stock?

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
Altho noone have a definitive answer, most clues tend to point to the end of the year. Forget msrp prices, those were just a bait and switch thing to create hype (unless you're lucky enough to find a founder edition) and a 3rd partner aib card will never be listed at msrp. The prices are now slowly starting to go down (mind you, they're still absurd, but the tendecy is there) now that china has finally clamped down on mining and their farms and by the end of the year, there's hope that this chip shortage will be nearly extinguished.

So yeah, best case scenario end of q4 of this year, worst case scenario end of q1 2022 if i would have to take a guess.