When will the gtx 1070 be avaible for MSRP?

assassin445522

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015
I have the money for the gtx 1070 I want to get it for the MSRP price or 400$ or under. As a now I cannot find any no founders edition cards and when I do they are over priced anyways

Solution
Probably not for some time and there's no guarantee that the non-founders edition cards won't be above MSRP. I've already heard ASUS is releasing it's custom 1070s at $420 and I'd expect others to follow suite. In addition, given that Pascal is a larger chip than Maxwell, Nvidia will not have the large stock like they did with the 970. I don't expect them to get to a good price point until production picks up in a few months or AMD's RX 480 or RX 490 steals demand away.
Probably not for some time and there's no guarantee that the non-founders edition cards won't be above MSRP. I've already heard ASUS is releasing it's custom 1070s at $420 and I'd expect others to follow suite. In addition, given that Pascal is a larger chip than Maxwell, Nvidia will not have the large stock like they did with the 970. I don't expect them to get to a good price point until production picks up in a few months or AMD's RX 480 or RX 490 steals demand away.

Solution