Question When Word 2010 is minimized, a new document opens up on my second monitor ?

Blackink

Distinguished
I'm on Windows 10 Pro version 22H2.
I use 2 monitors, one stacked on top of the other with my display settings to "Extend these displays".
I have the bottom monitor as the primary monitor. I even have the task bar open only on the bottom monitor.

When I have a Word document (or several of them) opened on the primary monitor and one or more minimized, when I go to open another Word document, either a new one or one I have already created, it opens up on the top monitor.

Example: I have 3 Word documents opened up on the primary monitor. Two are minimized. If I open a new Word document, it opens up on the top monitor. Every new or previously created Word document now opens up on the top monitor!
I can left click on the 2 documents (or just one) that are minimized, and THEY open up on the bottom monitor where they originally opened up.

If I click on all of the documents that were minimized to "bring them back up on the primary monitor" so now no documents are minimized, new documents and old documents open up on the bottom (primary) monitor.

I can drag the documents that open up on the top monitor down to the bottom monitor, minimize those and click on them again to bring them back up and they will be on the bottom monitor.

It seems that if I have any Word documents opened and minimized, when I go to open a new document or a document that I created that is stored on my hard drive, it opens up on the top monitor.
If ALL of the documents that are open on the bottom monitor, let's say 10 of them, and none are minimized, when I go to open a new document or open one that is stored on my hard drive, it opens up on the bottom monitor, as does every document I open up.

Does anyone have any ideas how to stop this?

I did a clean install recently of my Windows 10 Pro and this problem arose after that.
It never did it before the clean install.

Ralston18

Titan
Perhaps the following link will help:

https://smartwindows.app/blog/how-to-make-a-program-open-on-a-specific-monitor-in-windows/

May work in part or in whole.

My thought being that some original configuration or setting was changed or reverted to default settings as a result of the clean install.

Not sure how much about any given document "remembers" with respect to the last display it was shown/opened on. In any case, if the "last monitor" is not available then the document defaults to main.

Especially with older versions of Word.

Blackink

Distinguished
I appreciate the link for tips but I ended up doing another clean windows install
This time, I kept the top monitor unplugged from the graphics card until everything was installed and all updates downloaded.
Now it works as it should.....