Question Whenever I enter the BIOS and click any option using my mouse, the mouse freezes ?

eziowar

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2015
Hi, my os- win11, MOBO-Gigabyte B650M DS3H, bios version FA5c, mouse- hyperx pulsefire core wired,

So whenever i enter my bios and click any option using my mouse, the mouse freezes though my keyboard still works, but if i plug out and reinsert my mouse in usb port (same port or any other) my mouse works completely fine in bios until i restart my PC and enter Windows (after logging in) and then restart my pc again and then if i re-enter the bios my muse freezes again when i click something in bios. but if in those steps if i never logging into windows and restart my PC again before logging into windows, my mouse works perfectly fine in bios without freezing.

I tried every usb ports ( front panel/back panel/ usb 2/usb 3/ usb 3.2) and same issue. Funny thing is that my keyboard always work in bios though it's wireless. also when my mouse stuck in bios if i restart my pc , my mouse gets unfreeze without needing to unplug it from usb port. I have uninstalled hyperx ngenuity software and still same issue. I've updated my bios from FA4 to FA5c and still same issue. i did go to device manager, uninstall all HID-Compliant Mouse drivers, DC the mouse, restart PC and then reconnect mouse on boot up, but still sdame issue. Plz help.

I have tested my same mouse on a different PC and it worked completely fine in the bios of that PC without any freeze, it was a Lenovo pc with windows 10.

btw i tested with few other mouses and they work completely fine in bios. Also i used to have this same mouse on my old system - gigabyte Z87x-ud3h mobo and windows 10 with hyperx ngenuity software installed, but i never had this issue.

Latest update- unistalled hyperx ngenuity software >pressed mouse wheel button and dpi buttons together for 10s to factory reset the mouse> remove the mouse from usb port> restart my pc> reinserted my mouse in usb port and then the mouse worked completely fine in bios without freezing. But then when i reinstalled latest hyperx ngenuity software from Microsoft store the same issue came back. But then if i just unistalled hyperx ngenuity software the issue did not get solved , the issue got solved once i repeated my prior steps in sequence. So i think the issue is with hyperx ngenuity software , but not sure how it can effect the mouse in bios though. But i need hyperx ngenuity software cause i have different mouse profiles for different games.

btw, hyperx support asking me to update mouse firmware, but is it safe to do so?
also the firmware link support provided its giving me older version of firmware(version- 1122) than my currently installed firmware(version- 1.1.2.4) which was installed by default when i purchased the mice.
should i still install the firmware? firmware update link from support -
https://d1z8x2chb1ujcd.cloudfront.net/Firmware_Updates/Mice/Pulsefire_Core/HyperX_PulseFire_Core_Firmware_Update_v1122.zip
i tried to flash my mouse firmware using the firmware installer from that link but when i double click the extracted file it's showing this error- "no device found. Please connect your device to get started". so i reinserted my mouse to a different usb port and still same error happening. Now hyperx support saying i cant run the standalone firmware cause i have amd chipset. How do i flash my mouse firmware now?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Funny thing is that my keyboard always work in bios though it's wireless.
What is the make and model of your keyboard?

I've updated my bios from FA4 to FA5c and still same issue.
Did you clear the CMOS after verifying your BIOS was flashed with the latest BIOS version?

Gigabyte B650M DS3H, bios version FA5c
Can you check and see what PCB revision you have for your motherboard? It's located at the bottom left hand corner of your motherboard where he front panel audio connector is located.

You state being on Windows 11, did you upgrade the OS using the internal upgrade path from Windows 10 or did you install it anew after creating your bootable USB installer?

Reactions: eziowar

eziowar

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2015
Funny thing is that my keyboard always work in bios though it's wireless.
What is the make and model of your keyboard?
Ty for replying. i want to update a thing - i have tested my same mouse on a different PC and it worked completely fine in the bios of that PC without any freez, it was a Lenovo pc with windows 10. And my keyboard is - https://www.portronics.com/products/key2?variant=18485364359219
I've updated my bios from FA4 to FA5c and still same issue.
Did you clear the CMOS after verifying your BIOS was flashed with the latest BIOS version?
nope, i did not do it, though i unchecked "keep dmi data" during bios flash.

Gigabyte B650M DS3H, bios version FA5c
Can you check and see what PCB revision you have for your motherboard? It's located at the bottom left hand corner of your motherboard where he front panel audio connector is located.
revision 1.3

You state being on Windows 11, did you upgrade the OS using the internal upgrade path from Windows 10 or did you install it anew after creating your bootable USB installer?
I installed it anew after creating bootable USB installer

Latest update- unistalled hyperx ngenuity software >pressed mouse wheel button and dpi buttons together for 10s to factory reset the mouse> remove the mouse from usb port> restart my pc> reinserted my mouse in usb port and then the mouse worked completely fine in bios without freezing. But then when i reinstalled latest hyperx ngenuity software from Microsoft store the same issue came back. But then if i just unistalled hyperx ngenuity software the issue did not get solved , the issue got solved once i repeated my prior steps in sequence. So i think the issue is with hyperx ngenuity software , but not sure how it can effect the mouse in bios though.
btw, hyperx support asking me to update mouse firmware, but is it safe to do so?
also the firmware link support provided its giving me older version of firmware(version- 1122) than my currently installed firmware(version- 1.1.2.4) which was installed by default when i purchased the mice. should i still install the firmware? firmware update link from support - https://d1z8x2chb1ujcd.cloudfront.net/Firmware_Updates/Mice/Pulsefire_Core/HyperX_PulseFire_Core_Firmware_Update_v1122.zip
i tried to flash my mouse firmware using the firmware installer from that link but when i double click the extracted file it's showing this error- "no device found. Please connect your device to get started". so i reinserted my mouse to a different usb port and still same error happening. Now hyperx support saying i cant run the standalone firmware cause i have amd chipset. How do i flash my mouse firmware now?

Last edited: