Question Whenever I play League of Legends, my ping shoots really high

IrishNightSlayer

Commendable
Aug 16, 2021
I am connected to WiFi and so is another member in my household yet their ping is fine. 4 other computers in the house and their ping is great. But my PC whenever I play League, my ping shoots to 100-300 randomly.

Wifi is completely unpredictable because of so many things that can affect it.

I would first test on a ethernet cable to be sure it is not something with the machine or maybe game setting. Even if it means running a cable over the floor or moving the machine temporarily it might save lots of time trying to troubleshoot wifi.

Where are the antenna on your machine. Could be the case or something else is blocking the signal to router. Maybe try to use the other radio band sometimes 2.4 or 5 works better is some houses. You do not care about the speed in a game you care about the quality of the signal.

Hard to say wifi can also just be random because of say neighbors wifi usage or cars driving by with wifi in them. This is why they say to never play games on wifi.

If you get nowhere fixing the wifi maybe consider MoCA if you have coax cable or even powerline. Powerline might be slower than wifi but again games do not need much bandwidth to play them. Most unlike games are well under 1mbps.

Reactions: Ralston18