Where and how much can I sell my gaming pc for?

eugeneyoo

Reputable
Jul 3, 2015
So I really want to sell my gaming pc that is fully functional and has windows 8.1 loaded onto it because I now realize that I have other things to purchase. Where can I sell my gaming pc for maximum profit and how much can I sell this given pc for.

CPU: Intel core i7 4790k overclocked to 4.6 ghz
Motherboard: Asus maximus hero vii hero
Cooler: Noctua nhu14s with extra 140mm fan for push and pull
SSD: Samsung 850 evo 500 gb
HD: Seagate 1 tb hybrid drive
GPUs: Asus strix gtx 970 sli
Powersupply: Seasonic 860 watt platinum rated PSU
Monitor: ASUS VG248qe 144 hz 1080p
Case: Phanteks enthoo luxe
LED: Extra Phantek enthoo luxe led strip, which will increase the price
Fans: 3 Noctua 140mm air flow fans added by myself, which will increase the price
Netgear wifi adapter that was purchased for 70 dollars
DAS Keyboard blank edition ultimate 4 that was purchased for 190 dollars
Logitech proteus core that was purchased for 70 dollars
Razer goliathus speed edition mousepad that was purchased for 25 dollars
DAC: That was purchased for 100 dollars

Solution
Well. That is a very good set of components you have in that rig. If you do not need any of the components for any future built and want to sell it on one go, better go for an auction on ebay. You can put it for auction for a price of $750 starting. It should give you enough profit for the rig.

But you can also choose to sell each of these parts separately. Through auction, it may give you even more profit margins.

You can also put a flat rate if someone wants to buy it right away. You can set a Buy it now price in ebay of $950. It is highly unlikely that anyone would be interested in a used rig for $1000. But bidding will give a better opportunity to asses how much people are willing to spent on this rig.

senseijtitus

Honorable
Well. That is a very good set of components you have in that rig. If you do not need any of the components for any future built and want to sell it on one go, better go for an auction on ebay. You can put it for auction for a price of $750 starting. It should give you enough profit for the rig.

But you can also choose to sell each of these parts separately. Through auction, it may give you even more profit margins.

You can also put a flat rate if someone wants to buy it right away. You can set a Buy it now price in ebay of $950. It is highly unlikely that anyone would be interested in a used rig for $1000. But bidding will give a better opportunity to asses how much people are willing to spent on this rig.

Solution
Everything is top quality, I'd say senseijtitus is pretty close. It can be hard to put value on things included in a bundle like that, for instance even though you spent $70 for a wifi adapter someone may not need a wifi adapter. With the monitor and everything, I'd even venture to say a starting price of $850 or $900, someone would still be getting a good bargain. They'd be hard pressed to build that with those components new for $1000, not including the extras like the das keyboard, multiple noctua fans, monitor etc. Just spitballing but I would guess that build with all those things new would run around $1500, despite being used the components aren't old by any means.

At first I missed the bit about the 970's being sli (x2). Just saw the one 970. With an additional 970 it might put it closer to $1100 or $1200. I'd agree some with Sapphire Thunder, it's hard to put a value on led strips, it's more of a personal preference and may or may not interest someone. If not they won't place much value on it. Bidding is still probably the way to go especially since a couple interested buyers may push the price up. Unfortunately it probably won't bring near as much as you paid for it. The good news is it's pretty top end and current so has a better chance of bringing in money than say a $2000 rig from 3yrs ago.

askara

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
If this is in UK i did buy it in a heartbeat for $1500. i say its probably better and easier to sell it by parts. or atleast the Main pc and the rest of the thing like monitors, keyboard etc separately on ebay