Where are all programs in windows 8.1?

tmskff

Reputable
Jul 13, 2014
for a simple example: notepad. I click the little down arrow on start screen and it supposedly has all the apps listed byname.. But no notepad. I know i can just type notepad on start, but is there a way for it to show all programs? thanks

Solution
My personal opinion, Win 8/8.1 is a step backwards in many was. I enjoy their new minimalist graphic approach, and the use of color, but many features are unnecessary and extra work than before. Removing the Start button was the biggest mistake. Wile win8 has a "metro" feature, it should also have a "retro" feature, that adds a standard desktop and start menu like windows 7,vista,xp. It would even be nice to use similar windows 8 metro design elements and artwork integrated into the look.

tmskff

Reputable
Jul 13, 2014
thanks for the answer delellod123 but what I mean is, why does windows say all apps listed by name but there are any number of apps not listed.. I just used notepad as an example but there are lots that don't show up there. typing the name of app on startscreen is great but that means you have to know in advance that the app is installed. Plus doesn't that mean that there are more steps (keystrokes) to open an app? that seems like a step backward to me but ive only been using 8.1 for 2 days now.

delellod123

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
My personal opinion, Win 8/8.1 is a step backwards in many was. I enjoy their new minimalist graphic approach, and the use of color, but many features are unnecessary and extra work than before. Removing the Start button was the biggest mistake. Wile win8 has a "metro" feature, it should also have a "retro" feature, that adds a standard desktop and start menu like windows 7,vista,xp. It would even be nice to use similar windows 8 metro design elements and artwork integrated into the look.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS