[SOLVED] Where can I buy safe R4 for dsi v1.4.5E

Mar 15, 2020
Hello,
I’ve got a dsiXL version 1.4.5E. I’ve accidentally updated my dsiXL and now it isn’t compatible anymore with my ds. I wanted to downgrade my Ds but I got strongly advides not to do, bcz way too risky.

I want to buy a new one, but I just don’t know where I can order it, which is also suitable for my DS.

PLEASE HELP ME, I WANT TO PLAY MARIO AGAIN.
Ps I live in the Netherlands.

Thank you for reading and helping out.

Solution
this is basically a hack of the firmware to allow other software to run than intended. the new firmware is not hackable at this time. so the only way to get it working again is to downgrade the firmware to one that is hackable and then complete those steps again.

it is usually problematic to downgrade and can brick the device as a worst case. your best bet is to find someone local to you that can do it if it is even possible and have it done by a pro. i don't mess with this stuff anymore but back in the day i used to do this type stuff to all kinds of devices and even with a ton of experience, downgrading was often unsuccessful and a few times did brick the device in question.

i'm sure you could find a tutorial or two online but...

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
a quick google search tells me this is not yet available for that firmware version. here is one such listing

http://www.n3dscart.com/pages/R4i-SDHC-1.4.X.html

no clue where to buy a new one with the old firmware installed. where did you get this one? it's possible that new stock available has not been updated at the factory yet. otherwise you're getting into risky territory buying such things online. since this is not exactly sanctioned by nintendo, you're probably not going to get much support buying something like this.

Mar 15, 2020
I bought this R4 I think like 6-8 years back at the bazaar, when they still sold them.

Can’t I get the R4 working on some other way or so.
I got a R4 gold and a R4 SDHC Dual-core

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
this is basically a hack of the firmware to allow other software to run than intended. the new firmware is not hackable at this time. so the only way to get it working again is to downgrade the firmware to one that is hackable and then complete those steps again.

it is usually problematic to downgrade and can brick the device as a worst case. your best bet is to find someone local to you that can do it if it is even possible and have it done by a pro. i don't mess with this stuff anymore but back in the day i used to do this type stuff to all kinds of devices and even with a ton of experience, downgrading was often unsuccessful and a few times did brick the device in question.

i'm sure you could find a tutorial or two online but often there are a handful of places where things can go wrong and only the pro with experience will know what to look for and what to avoid if possible. get a pro to try it and you'll have the best shot at it being successful. again that's if it is even possible to downgrade, which is not always the case.

Solution