Where Can I Buy Small High Res Displays?

lauxenburg

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
Hi,

I am working on a challenging project for myself and that is to build a powerful, small mobile device with about a 10" touch screen. It will probably take me a year or two, but I am very dedicated to getting this to work.

One of the things in the way is finding a small screen that is brilliant in colors and a high resolution. I would love to have an OLED or AMOLED display in this system, but I am having trouble finding any. I suppose an overseas OEM supplier might be whipping out some. Anybody have any connections or know a supplier of mobile screens/ small desktop monitors?

Thanks a lot for any input.

(This is a Graphics/Displays Forum but I couldn't find anything to do with displays so...I put it in Graphics Cards.)

Solution
Touch screens are very hard to come by even at that screen size.Are you trying to build a mobile device? A 10' screen rarely goes above 1280x768.

lauxenburg

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009

Depending on what I can get for batteries and mobile/silent PSUs, that is currently my intent. It is a big ordeal, but I am looking for a challenge. Thanks for the input. I found a 10 inch TFT touch screen for about $180. Looking for an open frame version....