[SOLVED] where can i buy the Zotac 980 Ti AMP! cooler only?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxTehLegend

Honorable
Nov 20, 2015
ive recently found out that the zotac 980 Ti AMP cooler can fit on my card as they share the exact PCB and length. i was wondering where i could buy one in the UK?

zotac AMP! PCB:
front.jpg

EVGA SC+ ACX 2.0+ PCB:
evga_gtx_980_ti_sc_pcb2.jpg

Solution
Accelero Hybrid

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA7HN5K62290&cm_re=arctic_accelero-_-9SIA7HN5K62290-_-Product

Accelero Extreme IV

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1K64893710&cm_re=arctic_accelero-_-35-186-097-_-Product

Almost want to buy one of these myself, I've seen it a few times, but it looks like a pretty good heatsink: http://www.performance-pcs.com/logisys-dracula-12-heat-pipe-vga-cooler.html#Details

Reminds me of the DCUII on my GTX580. (Which you might be able to find really cheap now that I think about it)

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Actually no idea if it would fit a 980Ti, but it is a very simple cooler, and given that board the only concern would be the height of capacitors at the rear of the board. And any GPU from that era would have had a similar design.

Nvidia hasn't changed the size of their mounting holes on the larger cards in quite some time. And it has no direct contact with the memory, so that should still be fine.

The fans are ludicrous though, you could pick out some nice RGB LED fans and use those instead. I don't think it would be any better than another Axial cooled heatsink like Zotacs or EVGA's ACX2.0.

That is another option, you could strip the shroud away from the cooler you have and put your own fans on there.

You are really delving into custom territory at this point.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador

MaxTehLegend

Honorable
Nov 20, 2015

yeah im not sure if thats the best option. it would be quite ghetto. and the fact that it wont fit 100% makes me even more worried.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I think it would work just fine. It isn't really designed to be pretty, but functional. It was built for an era where Nvidia's top end GPUs ran way too hot for comfort. And AMD was no slouch either.

Now they are mildly trending back down in power consumption/heat generation. But they've also kind of crippled overclocking with hard voltage limits. It will be interesting to see what Vega will take to run.

MaxTehLegend

Honorable
Nov 20, 2015

thanks for the reply. its a nice cooler and looks really beefy but im looking for something like the zotac amp, asus strix, gigabyte g1 gaming, PNY XLR8, HoF 980 Ti and other coolers like that that im interested in.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You can try posting in some forums. Reddit.com/r/hardwareswap is a decent place. Tom's has a classifieds section as well. And if you head over to overclockers.net there is probably someone who has spare coolers.

I know I have a 980 reference cooler and a 1080 ACX3.0 sitting on my desk.

MaxTehLegend

Honorable
Nov 20, 2015

if only that 1080 acx3.0 cooler can fit on my card. shame the cooler too small to fit. and wouldn't be cooling it very well since my card pumps out alot more heat then the 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS