Question Where can I download the driver for Realtek(R) Audio?

AudoJudo

Commendable
Jul 11, 2020
Hello, so I'm trying to play music from a speaker I have plug in to my computer but for some reason it doesn't want to work. I get sound when I have my headphones plug in but no sound when I plug a speaker through headphone jack. I look at my sound drivers in device manager and only have High definition audio device, Nvidia High Definition Audio and Virtual audio device. For some reason I don't have Realtek(R) Audio Driver, is it a windows update or motherboard driver that I need to install? Windows is up to date. I uninstalled High Definition Audio Device and reinstalled it but that seem to mess things up worst. I was able to get on the Realtek Audio Console app before but after I uninstalled and reinstalled that High Definition Driver I can't get on the app anymore. If anybody can help that would be great.

AudoJudo

Commendable
Jul 11, 2020
If you have a hardware issue, a cheap fix is get on Amazon they usually sell a USB sound device for 10-20 bucks. I’ve used one before that had a long cable and had mic in and 2 headphone inputs. Worked pretty well for speakers.
I mean yeah I could do that I just personally don't like leaving the issue and working around it. I just don't know why Realtek(R) Audio driver is not installed but installed in another computer and the speaker works fine.

AudoJudo

Commendable
Jul 11, 2020
Hello, so I'm trying to play music from a speaker I have plug in to my computer but for some reason it doesn't want to work. I get sound when I have my headphones plug in but no sound when I plug a speaker through headphone jack. I look at my sound drivers in device manager and only have High definition audio device, Nvidia High Definition Audio and Virtual audio device. For some reason I don't have Realtek(R) Audio Driver, is it a windows update or motherboard driver that I need to install? Windows is up to date. I uninstalled High Definition Audio Device and reinstalled it but that seem to mess things up worst. I was able to get on the Realtek Audio Console app before but after I uninstalled and reinstalled that High Definition Driver I can't get on the app anymore. If anybody can help that would be great.
So when I plugged in the speaker my computer detects that something was plug in and when I go to the bottom right corner and click the speaker, the name is under Digital Audio (S/PDIF) which I don't know why it put it under as that when I'm plugging it in through headphone jack.