[SOLVED] Where can I get double 8 pin connector for gtx 980

C87756

Prominent
Jan 6, 2022
Hi I was wondering if anyone knew if a hp z230 psu can 2 8pin connectors? If not where can I get one ? I seen some 850w ones but I only need a 500w max.

Solution
if anyone knew if a hp z230 psu can 2 8pin connectors?
if your current power supply does not supply the necessary PCIe power cables than you will need to purchase a new one.

if this is a prebuilt HP system than you will not be able to replace the power supply with a standard retail model.
HP uses proprietary models designed to fit their small-form factor cases and they do not provide proper replacement models.

you will need a new case, new power supply, & new motherboard to set this up.
if anyone knew if a hp z230 psu can 2 8pin connectors?
if your current power supply does not supply the necessary PCIe power cables than you will need to purchase a new one.

if this is a prebuilt HP system than you will not be able to replace the power supply with a standard retail model.
HP uses proprietary models designed to fit their small-form factor cases and they do not provide proper replacement models.

Solution

C87756

Prominent
Jan 6, 2022

Is there any connectors or adapters i could buy? If I change power supply I need a new case, I may as well build a new system at that point.