[SOLVED] Where do i connect my front panel cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 18, 2020
Hi all

I had an issue for a while where my front panel audio jack didn't work i did everything software related like updating the drivers but when i finally decided to open my case i noticed that the cables aren't plugged in i didn't try to mess with it because I'm scared of messing up something so I'm asking where do i connect these cables:
Spkout R,Spkout L,Mic in,Mic Bias,Return L,Return R and Gnd my motherboard is mcp6p m2+ ver 6.2 and could somebody point me to the right direction?

Solution
No, your case is AC'97 only which is not compatible with the motherboard. No amount of messing around with it will change this. Bottom line here is either live with what you have or obtain a more up to date case.
Have you consulted your user manual?

It's top left on this picture, between the pink colored header and the screw hole.
b20090608.jpg

Apr 18, 2020

It's to UI cp left on this picture, between the pink colored header and the screw hole.
b20090608.jpg
My motherboard is a bit different and it's not at top left but it's next to the back audio jack port and if it is jaudiof1 i looked at the manual but I don't have the exact same cables so do i just leave the cables that don't have a slot?

Apr 18, 2020
Read the description on page 17:

Your case only supports AC'97, therefore you cannot connect the front panel to that motherboard.

It's to UI cp left on this picture, between the pink colored header and the screw hole.
b20090608.jpg
My motherboard is a bit different and it's not at top left but it's next to the back audio jack port and if it is jaudiof1 i looked at the manual but I don't have the exact same cables would it matter then an
Read the description on page 17:

Your case only supports AC'97, therefore you cannot connect the front panel to that motherboard.
Can i somehow switch to ac 97 i noticed on my case there is a pin conector that i could pull out so can i buy ac 97 cables or am i stuck?

Apr 18, 2020
No, your case is AC'97 only which is not compatible with the motherboard. No amount of messing around with it will change this. Bottom line here is either live with what you have or obtain a more up to date case.
i actually found an adapter so im gonna try and use that if it doesn't work well i will just change the motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.