Where (if anywhere) will the bottleneck be? and will it be noticable?

Aug 23, 2018
i5 9600k water cooled (OC)
gtx 1080 water cooled (OC)
Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB (CAS 16) 2400mHz (water cooled)
MSI Tomahawk z370

Can anyone spot any bottlnecks? If any, I would guess the RAM, but do you think I could overclock it enough to be ok? It's watercooled too.

Thanks! I would like to hear multiple perspectives :)

Solution
Intel is not particularly sensitive to RAM speed, you might lose a small amount of FPS from it but it should be ok. I'd probably have gone for 2666 or better myself but it's not a huge deal. If you overclock the CPU it should gain you back more than you lose from the RAM.

Personally I'd try it all at stock settings first, then if you want some more fps than you are getting start tweaking the CPU speed. You might be able to push the RAM to 2666 as well but the gains are small compared ot the CPU speed but try it and see.

Whatever the case it will not be a terible gamer just because of the RAM speed.

Dugimodo

Distinguished
Also depends on resolution as well as which games, unless you are after 120 fps+ there may not be any point in overclocking and if you are gaming at QHD or 4K the GPU is likely to be the bottleneck.

It should game very well regardless and is fairly well balanced for straight gaming. If you like to run other tasks in the background then the overclock might be more necessary.

Dugimodo

Distinguished
Intel is not particularly sensitive to RAM speed, you might lose a small amount of FPS from it but it should be ok. I'd probably have gone for 2666 or better myself but it's not a huge deal. If you overclock the CPU it should gain you back more than you lose from the RAM.

Personally I'd try it all at stock settings first, then if you want some more fps than you are getting start tweaking the CPU speed. You might be able to push the RAM to 2666 as well but the gains are small compared ot the CPU speed but try it and see.

Whatever the case it will not be a terible gamer just because of the RAM speed.

Solution