Question Where install games? Where Os? Nvme or Sata?

Aug 4, 2019
Hi. I have samsung 970 Pro nvme 1tb and samsung 860 Evo 2tb sata. So far i have Os and games on 970, now i have bought 860 Evo and thinking if this gonna be better to install games on sata drive, which combination would be best? i know my nvme is super quick, but 2 drives isnt better then 1? is that make better nvme temp if i keep game on sata? [i have around 50 which is still not a problem at all] Which way is gonna be best gaming performance? keep os and favourive games on Nvme drive? or any other way? os-nvme and games on sata? or maybe other way is faster, os on sata and games on nvme? :eek:

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2019
I do exactly that but on 250GB NVMe which is fine for me as keep games on a SATA SSD. Performance is not affected and I don't like keeping stuff of secondary importance like games on OS disk.
Games are definietly firs
I do exactly that but on 250GB NVMe which is fine for me as keep games on a SATA SSD. Performance is not affected and I don't like keeping stuff of secondary importance like games on OS disk.
Games are first importance in my case :D I am looking for best scenario for games, i would buy another fast drive if need smaller capacity for os or some in future and keep nvme for favourite games.

Aug 4, 2019
Aug 4, 2019
Leave the OS on the NVMe.
Everything interacts with the OS, so it is logical to have the OS on the fastest drive.

Game performance won't differ with the games on the 970 or the 860 EVO.
Thank you very much sir. I am already satisfied with those answers, but also wouldnt mind to see more because its interesting to me topic :) thanks