Where is Prey 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^no kidding. The Prey engine that was developed in house had to be scrapped and then Prey ended up using a modified ID tech engine. They restarted development on it like 3 times and we were lucky it didn't end up being redone when it was 95% along once more like Duke was

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
the game was fun. more difficult than most. great story and wolfenstein looks like its going to use the same gaming "spirit form". the only problem was the same boring enemies. but it was much better than the garbage that was area 51.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Prey was surely a lot more interesting than Bioshock. I am still baffled why that game got so popular. When it came out, without even looking at reviews or screen shots I jokingly told everyone it is the best game ever made. But I was just joking, not sure what gives. Bioshock just felt like another revision of Kiss Psycho Circus but Prey basically does too.

7amood

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2005
I falsely judged Prey 1 before I play it... what could be fun about some old indian clan??
Eventually, had to play it at some time...
To be honest, I was amazed how the directing of the game and story line was done.
Gotta admit... I ENJOYED IT TO THE MOST \^_^/ WANT PREY 2 NOW.

G

FYI Duke Nukem Forever has been resurected. Today 3D realms forums has leaked knowledge Gearbox is working on the project. Stay tuned!

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
I too think Prey was a really good game. I enjoyed it's voice acting, comedy and those damn gravity things. Simply awesome. I'd be ok if Prey 2 didn't come only because I fear it will not be as good.

San Pedro

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I really liked Prey. It gave me headaches when I first started playing it from the radical perception shifts (the guys also pukes when they start happening which I though was appropriate), though. For some reason, I can't even pin-point it, it was just fun. A bit on the short side though.

prey was fkn awesome and somehow when it was *just* out i picked up a copy for only $25 AU - months later i still saw it for $79 and $69 - must have bought it at a price that shouldnt have been set

love the game

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I bought Prey thinking I had read-up on the game. The only issue was that I had to copy the files off the disk to install it. Something about the install process was broken when installing directly from disk. Anyway, after playing for a few minutes it becamse obvious that Prey was not the game I was thinking it was, but it was pretty fun none the less. It played much better after a GPU upgrade too (poor old 7600gs couldn't handle it very well).

jp182

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2003
[citation][nom]duckmanx88[/nom]the game was fun. more difficult than most. great story and wolfenstein looks like its going to use the same gaming "spirit form". the only problem was the same boring enemies. but it was much better than the garbage that was area 51.[/citation]

i agree to an extent. I played both games back to back and Area 51 was just downright horrible. But the story in Prey got really ridiculous towards the end.

downer88

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
Prey was a strange mash-up, but good. There's always going to be "Where is..." with games that take years to make. Paying for games helps!

jecht

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
players reprise the role of Tommy, the native warrior who saved Earth from alien invasion in the first title

Native warrior? Native to what? Shouldn't it be Native American warrior?

G

Just finished Prey and really enjoyed it. Im hoping that Prey 2 comes to realization as I would buy it too.

Anyways, thanks to the team that put Prey together and also to the man who ported it to Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.