Question Where is the bottleneck?

Feb 26, 2019
Hello everyone! I recently built a rig for gaming and editing videos.
I have chosen the Ryzen 7 2700x to go with the very good looking Vega 64 card. Got 3000mhz ram 16Gb and the rog motherboard x470-f. To power all this I got a 600w psu from a brand called NOX. Not the best, but it works.

I have seen lots of videos of people with a rig like mine (CPU + GPU) and I simply don't understand what is wrong with mine.
I see the ones at YouTube getting 60+ FPS in several games at 1440p. And that's pretty good if you ask me.
So I built my very first computer with the specs listed above and I connected it to my television since I don't own a monitor yet. The TV resolution was in 1080p.
The expected performance at 1080p for a build like this is quite high, so I got into GTA V in 1080p and ran some benchmarks.
Everything is in auto mode speed, CPU and ram (I think CPU is at 3,7ghz and ram at 2133mhz).

30 constant fps. At 1080p. With some peaks reaching 40 fps.
My heart dropped and I felt extremely disappointed as the performance was HALF of what it should be, in a higher resolution!

Hence this is my first build I am deeply confused about what is going on or what I could have possibly done wrong.

I checked my motherboard bios to get my ram working at the supposed speed of 3000mhz (I know it's a normal procedure) and whenever I boost the speed up from the auto-standard 2133mhz (not sure if this is the right speed) to the pretended 3000mhz, my pc shuts down several times and makes a safety boot into the motherboard bios again. It will only turn on correctly if I turn the ram speed to auto again.

What's wrong? Can it be my psu not being powerful enough?
And if that is really the problem and I get myself a 1000w psu, overclock ram and cpu, would my performance match the one seen at YouTube videos of builds like mine?
Any help or advice is welcome.

Thank you,
Henrique Carvalho

Feb 26, 2019
VEGA 64 recommends 700 - 750w and a better brand than NOX. Not saying it's the issue , but won't help that's for sure.
Thanks for the reply!
I already sent my 600w psu back and am gonna get myself a 1000w one. I will check the difference it makes and will update the status here as soon as I get it working again.
Thanks!

Henrique Carvalho