Where is the NVIDIA overscan option?

Solution

Well, I've learned never to say never. But short of upgrading to a modern digital display, I think you may be out of luck. Feel free to post the problem again or on another forum, maybe you'll get a work-around from somebody. Be sure to mention you are using the active adapter.

Btw, you might try using DDU to uninstall the Nvidia driver completely and then do a clean install again. But I doubt it will help.

maks kuznia

Reputable
Jan 4, 2017

It's outdated, I don't think there is a "Resize" button anymore.
Anything else I can do?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Are you using a monitor or HDTV?
What type of connection between card and display*?
What Nvidia card?
What is the monitor's screen resolution and vert. refresh rate?

I've never seen that happen with Nvidia. AMD used to have that issue with HDMI sometimes.

* If using HDMI, go to the NCP/change resolution/(3) apply the following settings/and tick use Nvidia color settings. In output dynamic range, change to full if it is now set to limited. Click Apply.

maks kuznia

Reputable
Jan 4, 2017

My monitor: PLE2607WSV
GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC
I use a HDMI to VGA adapter (This one I think)
The monitor is 1920x1200 at 60hz.
I don't see 1/4 of the left screen and a little bit of the right screen btw.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Oh, you're using an digital to analog active adapter. That probably explains it, then. They are notorious for that kind of issue (and more). Most work OK for 1080p (1920x1080), but 6x10 aspect ratios cause all sorts of issues. I doubt the NCP will have any fix for that, I'm afraid.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Well, I've learned never to say never. But short of upgrading to a modern digital display, I think you may be out of luck. Feel free to post the problem again or on another forum, maybe you'll get a work-around from somebody. Be sure to mention you are using the active adapter.

Btw, you might try using DDU to uninstall the Nvidia driver completely and then do a clean install again. But I doubt it will help.

Solution