Where Is The Tunisian Info?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Dade_0182

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
This is going to be an embarassment of global proportions.
You mean what they are doing now/have done for this whole year is not embarassing? I must not understand the word very well.

1st the promise and don't deliver, delay multiple times.
2nd they don't preview them/release early benches (possibly coz it sucks as I don't see any other reason to be so damn secretive) leaving the competition without competition for some time now
3rd they say announce to ALL they will (this week monday and tuesday) and then made the selected few that got to see it sign NDA's
there's more but I'll stick to the basic few that are pissing people off lately.

BaldEagle

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2004
Does the dailytech "review" seem strange to anyone else? At this point why would AMD allow dailytech to publish that when they've been hush-hush about this whole thing and throwing NDAs around like they're going out of style. Not to mention dailytech using an Intel cpu. It seems to contradict some theories about AMD waiting until they had a cpu that could handle the R600. Seems strange to me.

Maybe because they can't produce K10? Too many problems and not enough money to solve them?

If that's the case, Hector and company had better start running for the hills. This is going to be an embarassment of global proportions.

I suspect they can't beat the performance of Penryn and barely exceed the Core2 line and are frantically working to figure out why. They did state the ES's would be released this quarter though so time is running out it will shortly be August when the stated they would launch Barcy and according to Hector "We don't do paper launches".

Wombat2

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2006
Maybe because they can't produce K10?

Highly unlikely. However I am sure it will be delayed. Its 2 months to launch and not a single benchmark (leaked or official).

And that's not some ruse to "fool" Intel ... that's a BS argument. Intel cant change its chips overnight ... it just doesn't work that way.

Like the R600 delays, this K10 silence by AMD doesn't bode well.

While the K10s performance will be difficult for us to predict, the chip engineers at Intel will be able to predict K10s performance to within 1% of its real value. They would have stopped Intel marketing from releasing Penryn benches if they felt K10 would cream Penryn.

I suspect the AMD K10 silence is due to performance or manufacturing issues.

AMDs silence is definately losing them potential K10 server sales. IT departments arnt going to invest in K10 unless its proven before launch. They take time to evaluate purchases a priori.

jeff_2087

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2007
according to Hector "We don't do paper launches".

8O

I´m speechless. Not that i doubt your words but i´d like to see that for myself. How can a person be so far beyond reality?

Here it is!

And when someone asked whether there will be enough graphics cards for beginning of shipments, Henry Richard answered that AMD had never been known for paper launches

No1sFanboy

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
I had forgotten about this thread.
The question now is what happened to Tunisian. His last post, below, and 11hr50min after that he edited the post with the photo of the hotel. 8O Insert eerie music here.
Just kidding......................I hope.
hello every body :)

Ur 007 agent live from tunisia ;)
what i will do is trying to ask as much questions as i can!!! and i will try to get in !! I have my contacts there loool !!

BRB !! w8 and see

will14

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
not funny.
I don't even know what country it is but if it's africa they probably would execute you for such things to set an example not to mess with big industry which they need because most their countries are impoverished. Which in turn extreme punishment will make corporation shy away, ok not really because big corporation don't actually care about human rights until they sued on the topic.