Question Where should I connect all the fans?

Ertrius

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2016
Hey everyone,
I am building a new PC and this will be my second PC build, but the first time I have water cooled it with hardline tubing. I have a few questions on connecting the fans. Im sure you have had many ask this same question I am about to ask, but I could not find any posts that answers my question that I can understand. Here is some of the hardware that I am installing - Mother board is an Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Hero. The case is a Lian LI 011 Dynamic XL. There is an LED control board (hub) that came installed at the rear of this case. I installed 2 Bykski 360mm radiators and each have 3 Lian Li Bora Digital fans on them. There is one Lian Li fan at the rear of the case for exhaust. These fans came with fan hubs that can connect up to 6 fans. So, I have a total of 7 fans.
Now, to my questions... Where and how should I connect the fans for the PWM control of the fans? Where and how should I connect the fans for ARGB control?
This was easy when I did my first PC with just an AIO cooler and controlling the RGB with Corsair iCue. But now, I dont know if all the radiator fans should go to the Liquid Cooling System header, or the Pump header, or the CPU fan header for control now that I am cooling the system with a water loop for the CPU and GPU.
I think I will be using Asus Aura for RGB control this time.
I also have a EK Distro res on it. I think the pump connects to the water pump header? My mobo has a bunch of other water headers on it that I do not know what they are for. It has a 2pin water in and out headers, and 3 pin water flow header.

What is wrong with the text here? Half of what I wrote is in a bubble or circled.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS