Where should I put my PC Rig?

Solution
Aside from not using carpet usually, it hardly matters. A small amount of dust can be eliminated by periodic cleaning (and it takes a HUGE amount for a PC to fail).

It's really personal preference.

My PC was inside my desk, but I kept having to open it up so it's outside my desk on the floor and I guess I've been too lazy to move it back in.

*I do not like it on the desk because it's:

a) an eye sore to me, and
b) it's louder to me as it's in line with my ears and not being partially blocked by the side of my desk
Depends if you are having huge desk then place it on desk. If you are having smaller desk then place it on floor to get good enough space on desk to work. If you are having carpet then don't place the PC on the floor as it needs bit of ground clearence for air to flow.

JanHyka

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016
Both has pros and cons.

Not so good cases without filters will suffer on floor being a vacuum cleaner and collecting dust.

On table, you get disturbing noises (good case MUCH less).

Heavy computers on relatively thin desk can cause it to bend.

You can always get/create roughly 10cm high stool that allows you putting computer down even with carpet or so.

As for table, from my personal experience - there is never enough table space.

Plus if it is in a living room, your wife's going to crucify you if you put it on table.

If you go for watercooling with external radiator, it's better to have both radiator and computer in roughly same height, otherwise your pump has a lot more static pressure to handle and overcome.

That's just few points that came on mind immediately. In the end you will have to decide what position is best for you personally.

Aside from not using carpet usually, it hardly matters. A small amount of dust can be eliminated by periodic cleaning (and it takes a HUGE amount for a PC to fail).

It's really personal preference.

My PC was inside my desk, but I kept having to open it up so it's outside my desk on the floor and I guess I've been too lazy to move it back in.

*I do not like it on the desk because it's:

a) an eye sore to me, and
b) it's louder to me as it's in line with my ears and not being partially blocked by the side of my desk

Solution