Question Where should my devices draw power from?

Gregavi

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2014
I have a Dell Precision Desktop PC I have just added a Geoforce GTX 1060 graphics card. In order to allow it to run properly, I needed to upgrade my power supply which I did with a Corsair 600. My question is: Should I power the DVD Burner and Blu Ray reader (2 separate devices) from the mother board (which they were before the power supply upgrade, or directly from the new power supply? Or, does it not matter? The new graphics card is powered directly from the new power supply if that wasn't obvious. Thanks in advance.

USAFRet

Titan
I have a Dell Precision Desktop PC I have just added a Geoforce GTX 1060 graphics card. In order to allow it to run properly, I needed to upgrade my power supply which I did with a Corsair 600. My question is: Should I power the DVD Burner and Blu Ray reader (2 separate devices) from the mother board (which they were before the power supply upgrade, or directly from the new power supply? Or, does it not matter? The new graphics card is powered directly from the new power supply if that wasn't obvious. Thanks in advance.
The new PSU is powering only the new GPU?

If it is up and running, change nothing.
It is difficult enough to gets things running like, without introducing other weirdness.

Gregavi

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2014
I bought it for a different PC a few years ago and bought a new PC soon after that so it was sitting in my old PC for a few years, IOW, not much mileage on it.
Recommendation for a replacement w/o breaking the bank?

Gregavi

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2014
A decade ago, it got reasonable initial reviews. That's why I had one.
Then they started dying.

Corsair as the brand does not sell crappy PSUs on the whole.
Just some of them. Like the one you have.
Do you have a recommendation for a replacement? Definitely want a fully modular style to eliminate the ridiculous amount of cables coming out of the non modular type.