Where the heck are the Big Bang Bars ???

I sure was hoping to be playing one by now :(

Anyone have any inside information?

Chet

well, 54 people are already eliminated, at least it looks like i will
eventually be able to award a prize. if all reasonable dates guessed
get eliminated, maybe i will restart the contest :)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

>well, 54 people are already eliminated

How many were there, and how many are not in 2005 or 2006?

Kirb

>i think over 100 entries :)

I think Yancy and Korn have the best chance.

Kirb

I still have hope that I'll win with 1/10/06.

bogart
www.pinrestore.com

agreed. I have opposable thumbs and wont mind just doing it all myself.
I end up doing this anyway on the games i own just making sure
everything lines up right.

-c

Hey just heard G M want to remake older vetts but they don't want
to use thier cash so they are seeking people to pay 1/2 up front any
takers , also they say they could do in in less time then it takes to
build a bbb

pt

There was a BBB at California Extreme. Of course it was an original
Capcom unit. Don't think you will see any new ones any time soon.
Hopefully so, but I doubt it. My date of 1/26/06 in Koz's contest is
starting to look in jeopardy.

>From what little I played them at CAX - I liked Kingpin better than
BBB. Maybe that one will be next to be reproed.

John

I'm still alive in the contest, but am hopeing to loose out soon. (I
had never... with 5/6 years of attorneys fees to get the money back).

Nomad

I thought the last updated that leaked out of the "circle of trust"
said that all the parts, pf, cabinets, etc were completed and that all
that was needed was assembly, test, QA, and delivery??

nomad

>Anyone have any inside information?

Anyone who took time to call Gene.

Kirb

>I thought the last updated that leaked out of the "circle of trust"

That circle wasn't hard to break.

>said that all the parts, pf, cabinets, etc were completed and that all
>that was needed was assembly, test, QA, and delivery??

The screened pfs were sent out for underside construction. The topside
was going to be done in house at one point. That was a while ago. I
have not kept up since bearcave left the loop.

Kirb

Here is ALL I know - spoke with Gene yesterday concerning attendance at the
Texas Pinball Festival - he is NOT going to attend because he is busy trying
to get stuff done, namely BBB. I can tell you that, and I know NOTHING else
because I did not ask details (it does not concern me directly). Sorry I
don't know more, but know that he is working on them.

Chris

"kirb" <kirbseepe@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >Anyone have any inside information?
>
> Anyone who took time to call Gene.
>
> Kirb

I still think my guess of the 12th of never looks accurate.

--

John Arriola

> >i think over 100 entries :)
>
> I think Yancy and Korn have the best chance.
>
> Kirb

My guess was 01/17/06
Looks like I will be eliminated.

--
-Doug

"Koz Pinlicious" <pinlicious@gmail.com> wrote in message
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/tree/browse_frm/thread/9719ff2f4e06dd30/de1dd6a566114def?rnum=1&hl=en&q=bbb+contest+pinlicious&_done=%2Fgroup%2Frec.games.pinball%2Fbrowse_frm%2Fthread%2F9719ff2f4e06dd30%2F403ac1631866a923%3Fq%3Dbbb+contest+pinlicious%26rnum%3D1%26hl%3Den%26#doc_403ac1631866a923
>
> or google: FINAL LIST!!! CONTEST! PICK BBB RELEASE DATE
>
> i think over 100 entries :)
>
> Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

> was going to be done in house at one point. That was a while ago. I

Just throw all the parts in a bax and have thw buyers throw them together,
At least, I'd rather do that than have 3 people rush them together.

--Eric

kim

Gentlemen and Ladies of RGP,

I would like to take a moment to address a few of the criticisms and
misconceptions surrounding the BBB project.

First, PMI is not intending or attempting to keep information about the
project a secret. While the idea of a private forum was my [Kim's]
idea, it was not intended to prevent the information reaching RGP or
other venues.
The intent behind creating a private forum was to provide a place for
the perspective BBB owners to get updates and chat without enduring the
unending stream of criticism that normally erupts whenever the BBB
subject is raised.

Everyone knows that there are/were more than just the so-called
"trusted circle" viewing the forum. This was viewed as a non-issue
since the information was not intended to be secret in the first place.

Second, the departure of the BearCave guys was unfortunate and
regrettable.
They had done a wonderful job, and PMI was able to pick up where they
left off. Although I don't have an exact shipping date yet, the games
_will_ be completed.

Finally (and on a lighter note), is it to late to get in on the pool,
Pinlicious? ;)

Kim

karl

If I may chime in,

These games are going to be well worth the wait, Where ever one of them
sets people will gater 'round and the proud owner will tell the long
twisting tale of how much it cost (perhaps), how long overdue it was,
how much contraversey there was, The many folks who brought pinball
production back from times past even if only for a short run at it, all
the craftsmen and technicians the teamed up to do it, and now it's
finlay here and here to stay. Some tale it will be.

Only a small handful in the world will be able to tell that tale. 'Easy
to see why some stain the waters with envy and gelousey.

I say GodSpeed BBB!

Have fun, Karl.

I just want to know...has anyone who actually ordered this game
actually played it? I had a chance to play one way back at a game party
here in the Chicago area.
YAWN...YAWN...YAWN...
I do hope all who ordered it actually see it and enjoy it. I personally
can think of a lot better things to spend that cash on. I will be
amazed if this thing sees the light of day after the dealing I had with
Gene. Good luck...your gonna need it

oh...that reminds me....
Kim...you can tell Gene thanks a bunch for the message he left about
the Addams he snaked from me over 3 years ago. Maybe next time he can
grow some balls and call me when I am there instead of copping out and
leaving a message. Oh and thank him for the number he never left so I
can get back to him. I had to laugh when I heard him say "and
besides..It don't even work" HELLO? I HAD JUST BOUGHT THE DAMN THING
AND IT WAS NOT SHOPPED! I know it booted up when I got it and it WAS
complete.
>From what you told me on the phone it's going to be a cold day in hell
when it works again since it's "missing parts and we don't know what
happened to them"

He must have a bad memory...
I sure remember the conversation quite well when he drove all the way
up and stood face to face with me in my showroom to pick the machine
up.
WHY IN THE HELL would I have sold the game to him for 100 bucks LESS
than I paid for it UNLESS I was to GET THE GAME BACK FOR THE PRICE HE
PAID AND THE NEW RAMP IT NEEDED ONCE HE WAS DONE REVERSE ENGINEERING
IT?
THAT WAS THE DEAL......PERIOD!!!

On top of that I told him not to even bother putting it back
together...I was going to shop it anyhow. As long as it was complete
and I got a new ramp.
Unfortunatly I trusted him.
BIG BIG BIG MISTAKE ON MY PART I FOUND OUT.
Guess thats what I get for trying to help out a dying hobby. As you can
tell this REALLY pisses me off. I guess it's because in all the years I
have been in biz I have never jacked anyone. I just hate the jerkoffs
who do.

THANKS AGAIN GENE...
XOXOXO

I just want to know...has anyone who actually ordered this game
actually played it? I had a chance to play one way back at a game party

here in the Chicago area.
YAWN...YAWN...YAWN...
I do hope all who ordered it actually see it and enjoy it. I personally

can think of a lot better things to spend that cash on. I will be
amazed if this thing sees the light of day after the dealing I had with

Gene. Good luck...your gonna need it

oh...that reminds me....
Kim...you can tell Gene thanks a bunch for the message he left about
the Addams he snaked from me over 3 years ago. Maybe next time he can
grow some balls and call me when I am there instead of copping out and
leaving a message. Oh and thank him for the number he never left so I
can get back to him. I had to laugh when I heard him say "and
besides..It don't even work" HELLO? I HAD JUST BOUGHT THE DAMN THING
AND IT WAS NOT SHOPPED! I know it booted up when I got it and it WAS
complete.

>From what you told me on the phone it's going to be a cold day in hell
when it works again since it's "missing parts and we don't know what
happened to them"

He must have a bad memory...
I sure remember the conversation quite well when he drove all the way
up and stood face to face with me in my showroom to pick the machine
up.
WHY IN THE HELL would I have sold the game to him for 100 bucks LESS
than I paid for it UNLESS I was to GET THE GAME BACK FOR THE PRICE HE
PAID AND THE NEW RAMP IT NEEDED ONCE HE WAS DONE REVERSE ENGINEERING
IT?
THAT WAS THE DEAL......PERIOD!!!

On top of that I told him not to even bother putting it back
together...I was going to shop it anyhow. As long as it was complete
and I got a new ramp.
Unfortunately I trusted him.
BIG BIG BIG MISTAKE ON MY PART I FOUND OUT.
Guess that's what I get for trying to help out a dying hobby. As you
can
tell this REALLY pisses me off. I guess it's because in all the years I

have been in biz I have never jacked anyone. I just hate the jerkoffs
who do.

THANKS AGAIN GENE...
XOXOXO

I just want to know...has anyone who actually ordered this game
actually played it? I had a chance to play one way back at a game party
here in the Chicago area.
YAWN...YAWN...YAWN...
I do hope all who ordered it actually see it and enjoy it. I personally
can think of a lot better things to spend that cash on. I will be
amazed if this thing sees the light of day after the dealing I had with
Gene. Good luck...your gonna need it

oh...that reminds me....
Kim...you can tell Gene thanks a bunch for the message he left about
the Addams he snaked from me over 3 years ago. Maybe next time he can
grow some balls and call me when I am there instead of copping out and
leaving a message. Oh and thank him for the number he never left so I
can get back to him. I had to laugh when I heard him say "and
besides..It don't even work" HELLO??? I HAD JUST BOUGHT THE DAMN THING
AND IT WAS NOT SHOPPED! I know it booted up when I got it and it WAS
complete.

>From what you told me on the phone it's going to be a cold day in hell
when it works again since it's "missing parts and we don't know what
happened to them"

He must have a bad memory...
I sure remember the conversation quite well when he drove all the way
up and stood face to face with me in my showroom to pick the machine
up.
WHY IN THE HELL would I have sold the game to him for 100 bucks LESS
than I paid for it UNLESS I was to GET THE GAME BACK FOR THE PRICE HE
PAID AND THE NEW RAMP IT NEEDED ONCE HE WAS DONE REVERSE ENGINEERING
IT?
THAT WAS THE DEAL......PERIOD!!!

On top of that I told him not to even bother putting it back
together...I was going to shop it anyhow. As long as it was complete
and I got a new ramp.
Unfortunately I trusted him.
BIG BIG BIG MISTAKE ON MY PART I FOUND OUT.
Guess that's what I get for trying to help out a dying hobby. As you
can tell this REALLY pisses me off. I guess it's because in all the
years I
have been in biz I have never jacked anyone. I just hate the jerkoffs
who do.

THANKS AGAIN GENE...
XOXOXO

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

Karl wrote:
> If I may chime in,
>
> These games are going to be well worth the wait

Hrm, you've seen a finished one?

> Only a small handful in the world will be able to tell that tale. 'Easy
> to see why some stain the waters with envy and gelousey.

envy? jealousy? um, ok... I love this guy. I have one and you dont
na na na na na na.... (lol)

only you dont have it yet o_O

You GO, Pinwitch gal! ;)

--