News Where to Buy Intel Core i9-13900K, i5-13600K and i7-13700K CPUs

D

Deleted member 431422

Going 13th gen i5 Intel with B660 DDR5 motherboard is as expensive as AM5. Why buy a DDR4 when you're buying the latest CPU. Actually Ryzen 5 7600X is slightly cheaper than i5-13600KF.

Reactions: Why_Me
They look inflated in price from what I was expecting (not the 1K tray price, BTW).

Can you guys do a mini price-check on both Ryzen 7K and 13K parts, please?

I think there will be an interesting price bout between them and we'll need to keep an eye out XD

Regards,

DavidLejdar

Prominent
Sep 11, 2022
According to a previous article on here*, a DDR4 rig will see lower multi-core perfomance than in the mentioned benchmarks with DDR5.

Not saying that such means that it isn't great performance. And it may still be a great option for many who may want to upgrade their Alder Lake rig, or who are looking for an affordable solid build, as it sure is cheaper to go for a DDR4 motherboard and the RAM (and in such case one could also consider Ryzen 7 5800X3D on AM4, if primarily interested in gaming).

But if looking for top performance, it is with DDR5 now - and the lowest price is pretty much the same for Intel and AMD motherboards.

As for the availability, I suppose I am quite lucky that there is a company a stroll away, which ships computers and components far and wide, and also has a store-front at their warehouse, where they have all the new Intel and also Ryzen CPUs.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/d...e-performance-by-20-percent-in-new-benchmarks

Reactions: Co BIY

ikernelpro4

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 4, 2018
According to a previous article on here*, a DDR4 rig will see lower multi-core perfomance than in the mentioned benchmarks with DDR5.

Not saying that such means that it isn't great performance. And it may still be a great option for many who may want to upgrade their Alder Lake rig, or who are looking for an affordable solid build, as it sure is cheaper to go for a DDR4 motherboard and the RAM (and in such case one could also consider Ryzen 7 5800X3D on AM4, if primarily interested in gaming).

But if looking for top performance, it is with DDR5 now - and the lowest price is pretty much the same for Intel and AMD motherboards.

As for the availability, I suppose I am quite lucky that there is a company a stroll away, which ships computers and components far and wide, and also has a store-front at their warehouse, where they have all the new Intel and also Ryzen CPUs.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/d...e-performance-by-20-percent-in-new-benchmarks
Who cares about that though. I mean at least you can use DDR4, whereas AMD completely miscalculated the market.

Nobody, that purchased DDR4 recently will throw their kits away just because of the CPU, that's mentally crazy.
I purchased DDR4 premium RAM, there's no reason to look at DDR5 for at least half a decade after upgrading the R5 1600.

Co BIY

Splendid
According to a previous article on here*, a DDR4 rig will see lower multi-core performance than in the mentioned benchmarks with DDR5.

Not sure that is born out in testing.

In the recent Gigabyte Aorus Master Z790 review the charts showed the MSI Tomahawk DDR4 Z790 board leading in many of the tests and only a few edge cases where the DDR5 made a large difference.

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master Review: USB Party in a Box - Benchmarks and Final Analysis

I think DDR4 is still the value choice.

i5 13400, DDR4 and a B660 board could be a very sweet spot for bang-for-buck buyers.

If I had an AM4 board I'd purchase a Ryzen 7 5800X3D and sit happy a few more years.

rtoaht

Reputable
Jun 5, 2020
Going 13th gen i5 Intel with B660 DDR5 motherboard is as expensive as AM5.

That’s just not true. AM5 is still more expensive. Also, 13th gen supports DDR4 too.

Why buy a DDR4 when you're buying the latest CPU.
Because many people already have DDR4. Also the performance difference between DDR4 and DDR5 is much less than the price difference between the platforms (motherboard + memory).

Actually Ryzen 5 7600X is slightly cheaper than i5-13600KF.

It is not. CPU price is similar while platform cost is cheaper for 13600kF. But even then this comparison is irrelevant since 13600kf handily beats the even more expensive 7700x. That’s why both 7600x and 7700x are DOA. People getting a 14 core 13600kF won’t need to worry about upgrading at least in the next 4 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: hasten

ikernelpro4

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 4, 2018
If I had an AM4 board I'd purchase a Ryzen 7 5800X3D and sit happy a few more years.
Avoid thr 5800X3D. Get the 5900X and profit from the much higher base and turbo clock speed as well as most importantly the higher core & thread count.

x3D 8C/16T slower and more expensive.
5900X 12C/24T(!) as well as faster and cheaper

You have a dGPU, why do you need an APU/iGPU anyway.

Reactions: Co BIY

Co BIY

Splendid
Avoid thr 5800X3D. Get the 5900X and profit from the much higher base and turbo clock speed as well as most importantly the higher core & thread count.

x3D 8C/16T slower and more expensive.
5900X 12C/24T(!) as well as faster and cheaper

Point taken. My AMD plan would also assume you have an older lesser chip otherwise even the upgrade isn't advisable.

ikernelpro4

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 4, 2018
Point taken. My AMD plan would also assume you have an older lesser chip otherwise even the upgrade isn't advisable.
Also not all AM4 boards are alike.

You can't just place a 5800X3D or 5900X into B350 Pc mate (as far as I know).

MSI's board website is utter <sadly no vulgar since a power-trip mod sent me a warning for the word sh-t, yea really pathetic>.

ASRock seems very solid, they seem to provide updates for older board compatibility.

Co BIY

Splendid
My local Microcenter appears to have plenty of stock of the i7 13700K (at $399) and i5 13600K (at $299).

13900K out of stock but listed at $569.

I know that's not helpful to a lot of people but indicates to me that there is no need to overpay for these chips even this short after release.

Reactions: rtoaht

hasten

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2007
Going 13th gen i5 Intel with B660 DDR5 motherboard is as expensive as AM5. Why buy a DDR4 when you're buying the latest CPU. Actually Ryzen 5 7600X is slightly cheaper than i5-13600KF.
13600K is a far superior CPU on a more mature platform. with DDR4 options.. Kinda apples and oranges. And if you are talking value, the 13900k is positioned pretty flippin well. I have no allegiance with a vendor, but do your research on the facts instead of being "first"...

D

Deleted member 431422

13600K is a far superior CPU on a more mature platform. with DDR4 options.. Kinda apples and oranges. And if you are talking value, the 13900k is positioned pretty flippin well. I have no allegiance with a vendor, but do your research on the facts instead of being "first"...
The fact is I live in EU and all prices include tax, so regardless which member country I check I know the end price. Second fact is, those are the prices in my country and reviews were done on DDR5, that's what I compare and Intel yet again, as was with older gen, is as or more expensive as AMD. I own Ryzen 5 Pro 3350G. I'd go with Intel, but AMD was better and with lower power consumption. The only deterrent on ZEN4 for me is the price. If it was lower, especially motherboards I'd buy it. AMD CPU's don't need as much power. That's my priority with PC's. I ain't increasing my electricity bill for entertainment gaget.

D

Deleted member 431422

That’s just not true. AM5 is still more expensive. Also, 13th gen supports DDR4 too.

Because many people already have DDR4. Also the performance difference between DDR4 and DDR5 is much less than the price difference between the platforms (motherboard + memory).

It is not. CPU price is similar while platform cost is cheaper for 13600kF. But even then this comparison is irrelevant since 13600kf handily beats the even more expensive 7700x. That’s why both 7600x and 7700x are DOA. People getting a 14 core 13600kF won’t need to worry about upgrading at least in the next 4 years.
You do realise people from all around the world read Tom's hardware? That's the price where I live in. Although performance charts are valid and fun to argue about the last say for me is power consumption. Intel is as bad now as was AMD in Buldozer era. Electricity is expensive and the prices will continue rise.
Btw, I own Ryzen 5 Pro 3350G. It's good for who knows how many years. I don't need to replace it. I'm just an enthusiast of new technologies and like to buy new pc components 🙂 isn't that why all of us read Tom's hardware?