[SOLVED] Where to connect fans and AIO?

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everybody,

I have a question about fan connection and aio pump.
I have a NZXT kraken x62 and on the motherboard i have 3 4pin connectors

1. AIO PUMP
  2. CPU_FAN
  3. CPU_OPT

Do i connect the pump to the "aio_pump" header and the 2 fans into "cpu_fan" and "cpu_opt"?
Or do i connect the pump into "cpu_fan" as it says in the manual?

Thank you in advance

Solution
Yes, exactly. Pump to "AIO Pump" and fans to "CPU_Fan" and "CPU_Opt".

The pump header will likely run at 100% speed and not allow for configuring.
You could run a fan splitter off of CPU_Fan and connect both to it, but not really necessary unless you need that "CPU_Opt" header for something else (and it'll be directly tied to the CPU_fan speed, not individually configurable.

The manual, I assume is for the Cooler? The manual is to apply to all motherboards. Because your board has a dedicated, specific pump header, use it.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Yes, exactly. Pump to "AIO Pump" and fans to "CPU_Fan" and "CPU_Opt".

The pump header will likely run at 100% speed and not allow for configuring.
You could run a fan splitter off of CPU_Fan and connect both to it, but not really necessary unless you need that "CPU_Opt" header for something else (and it'll be directly tied to the CPU_fan speed, not individually configurable.

The manual, I assume is for the Cooler? The manual is to apply to all motherboards. Because your board has a dedicated, specific pump header, use it.

Solution

Digicats

Honorable
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
I just went through this. Connect the AIO_Pump to the AIO_Pump header and the 2 fans into the 2 fan headers. They're all the same essentially except the aio pump gets full power constantly so the pump runs at full rpm 24/7 whereas fans connected to cpu_Fan and cpu_opt are DC/PMW meaning you can control the RPMs through the BIOS or whatever software it comes with. This is for an ASUS board and a different AIO, I don't know what board you have but I'm going to assume the labels are all the same.