Question Where to connect my ARGB and PWM ports in my motherboard

Sep 11, 2021
Hello
I am building my first pc but I ran into a problem when trying to connect my ARGB and PWM ports
My motherboard is Gigabyte H410M H Micro ATX LGA1200
My fan kit is Antec Prizm 3+2+c 45.03 CFM 120mm
I want to connect my fan controller to my motherboard but I don't know where to put my 3 PIN ARGB and MY 4 PIN PWM ports
lqQKth6.jpg
IirZRjX.jpg
7K7If23.jpg
qOuye0R.jpg

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Your Antec fan system comes with three fans containing ARGB lights, 2 light strips of that type, and one Controller box. That box can control BOTH the fans' motors and the lights in the fans and strips. Each fan has TWO cables. One ends in a smaller connector with 4 holes, and that's for the fan MOTOR. Those go into the FAN ports on the Controller. Be sure that one of those fans plugs into Port #1. The other cable from each fan ends in a wider connector with 3 holes, and that goes to the LED ports on the other side of the Controller. The two light strips also go to those ports.

You must plug into one end of the Controller a SATA power output connector from the PSU to provide it with power. On the other end, plug in the supplied cable that has two branches. Of those, the smaller connector with 4 holes plugs into your mobo's SYS_FAN header near the top rear, and that feeds the control signals for fan speed to the Controller, and thus out to the fan motors. The wider connector with 3 holes on the other branch should NOT be plugged into anything! It is intended to plug into an ARGB header on a mobo to get control signals, BUT your mobo does NOT have one of those. Its only lighting header is for the other plain RGB system. Making a connection to that would RUIN you Controller!

There is an alternative way you control the lights. The Controller box has two buttons on it for this - one for LED Speed, and one for MODE. You can use those to change light display patterns, but that means you will need to reach into your case to do that. However, for the Mode of light display there is another option easier to access. On one end of the Controller next to the port for the two-cable piece, there's a small 2-pin port for LED Control. Now, in your case there are several wires coming from the front panel that you plug into particular pins on the mobo's FPANEL header at bottom front - see item 8 on manual p. 16. In the bottom row, the third and fourth pins from the left are for plugging in the RESET button cable from the front panel. So unplug that RESET cable from there and instead plug it into the LED MODE port on your Controller box. (There is no polarity here, so either way is OK.) Now the front panel RESET button is NOT a Reset button - you don't have one now - and instead it has become your easy way to change the MODE of the lighting displays.

Reactions: Kira_akir