Question Where to find all the different game saves?

Dreadbeard

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2012
Looking to transfer my saves and stuff from one pc to a new one, not all are backed up to the cloud, does anyone know all the various locations I’d find them at?

Look at both your Users\Username\Documents and Users\Public\Public Documents folders.

Recent Windows doesn't allow saving into program folders but things can end up in ProgramData or Users\Username\AppData (you may have to unhide the Local, LocalLow, and Roaming folders in there)

D

Deleted member 2731765

Looking to transfer my saves and stuff from one pc to a new one, not all are backed up to the cloud, does anyone know all the various locations I’d find them at?

It depends on the game. Every game has a different location for the saves. Like mentioned in the post above, look under the usual user Documents, and the AppData folder/directory path.

Note: The AppData folder is actually "hidden" by default in Windows. You must enable the show hidden files and folders option.

Also, look here,'C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games' folder. Many games save here as well.

Usually the 'Users\Public\Public Documents' folder contains save files for mostly pirated/cracked games. Some older legit games do used to save here as well though. Not sure about any latest title. But check it nonetheless.

Last edited by a moderator: