[SOLVED] Where to find steppings and revisions for Xeon Platinum 1st Gen

Jul 15, 2019
I'm looking to pick up 2 Xeon Platinum 8180M ES/QS chips. CPU-z identifies them as Stepping 4, Revision H0. From everything I can see, Revision H0 is the production one. I'm not sure about the Stepping. I am trying to find a comprehensive list of steppings for that chip so I know where the ones I am looking at fall in the production path.

Thanks for any help.

Solution
If the information isn't in the specifications updates, then we don't really have any way to know. At least that's the only document I can think of where I'd expect more detailed info since that's where Intel says which stepping fixes or breaks stuff and how to get around it.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You do know you're asking about purchasing what are essentially ILLEGAL products?
ES - Engineering Samples, especially, are property of Intel, and if caught buying or selling these can get you into much trouble.
QS - Quality Samples, are much like the the retail version, but like 1 step short of being finalized - still belong to Intel.

You'll need to ask somewhere else about this(maybe reddit?), because this site doesn't support pirating or other illegal activities.

Jul 15, 2019
Perhaps what the seller is doing is illegal as they may have signed a contract with Intel not to do this or that. I however have not. If I wind up with Intel's property they are welcome to reclaim it from me... perhaps I should rephrase my question..

Does anyone know where to find a comprehensive list of steppings and revisions for chips, particularly the 1st gen Xeon scalabale?

InvalidError

Titan
Intel Specifications Updates (where Intel says which chip revision fixes what and whether reported bugs are intended to ever be fixed in future revisions) would be where you find information about chip revisions. However, the public version of those only cover retail products, not engineering and pre-production samples.

Data on pre-production stuff is likely covered by NDAs and you can expect to have a very hard time finding any.

Jul 15, 2019
Thanks. I did have a look at that sheet and could not find anything of that regard. It makes sense that it wouldn't be readily available but I wasn't sure if there was some resource for that. Any idea as to the sequence of steppings vs. revisions? E.g. if the Revision matches that of the retail chip, would it still be possible for the stepping to not match?

InvalidError

Titan
If the information isn't in the specifications updates, then we don't really have any way to know. At least that's the only document I can think of where I'd expect more detailed info since that's where Intel says which stepping fixes or breaks stuff and how to get around it.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS