[SOLVED] where to get the micro usb to usb header?

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
hi guys,

i cannot seem to find the micro usb to usb header anywhere, can anyone point me to the right direction please?

i need to this cable to connect my cooler master argb controller small to my usb, i have watched a video and this guy plugged the micro usb to the controller and at the other end it plugs into the motherboard, didnt know you could plug it to the motherboard. i thought i had to plug it to a usb, no wonder it didnt work.

many thanks guys

That's this one,

10-Pin-Motherboard-Female-Header-to-Dual-USB-2-0-Female-Adapter-Cable-50cm.jpg

Reactions: froggy8
thank you again.

still dont know why i need to plug it to the usb header, do you know why i cant just plug it to a normal usb port?

whats so special about usb headers?

Honestly, I don't see the different, the USB port is used to communicate with the unit (for example firmware update, control from third-party software...). Using the motherboard USB header might help with cables management as the unit is intended to stay somewhere inside the case most of the time.

Reactions: froggy8

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
Honestly, I don't see the different, the USB port is used to communicate with the unit (for example firmware update, control from third-party software...). Using the motherboard USB header might help with cables management as the unit is intended to stay somewhere inside the case most of the time.
yeah i can see the cable management to make sense, i didnt think there was any difference either.
i have tried the single usb port in the middle of the motherboard and that didnt work so i tried the back and the side and still didnt work.

im just hoping that cable will solve the problem.

i have tucked the controller away and its bit of a hassle trying to get to it so i want to use the software e instead.

Reactions: lvt