Where to plug in AIO cooler

Nick_156

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
My motherboard is a Gigabyte aorus z270x gaming 7 and my AIO is a deepcool captain 240x. I'm seeing a lot of different answers online and I'm very confused as to where I should plug in the AIO. Should it go to cpu fan or cpu opt. The AIO also came with a fan hub and I also don't know where I should plug that in. Should the hub go in one of the sys fans?

Solution
1. On a custom water loop, or OLC type AIO you would never want to have the pump running at 100% all the time.

2. However, with a CLC, they only run at 0.11 gpm so you likely would want to keep it from going too low. However, CLC vendors aren't too keen on sharing what inherent control exists. If it allows the CPU header to control pump speeds, then YOu set up the curve however you want. If you want it at 100%, set it at 100%. you can set it at 50% until temps reach 50C and at 60C make it 100% ... all up to you.

3. The hub is shown in the Pic

a) two fans go to the hub
b) Hub goes to CPU_OPT
c) Pump goes to CPU
I suggest following directions in manual... you dont see something like this ?

Yw7X03Y.jpg

Nick_156

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
The manual is a little confusing but i think it shows the pump plugged into the CPU fan header which I've heard you shouldn't do because that won't have the pump running at full speed all the time. I have no idea where it wants me to put the fan hub either

1. On a custom water loop, or OLC type AIO you would never want to have the pump running at 100% all the time.

2. However, with a CLC, they only run at 0.11 gpm so you likely would want to keep it from going too low. However, CLC vendors aren't too keen on sharing what inherent control exists. If it allows the CPU header to control pump speeds, then YOu set up the curve however you want. If you want it at 100%, set it at 100%. you can set it at 50% until temps reach 50C and at 60C make it 100% ... all up to you.

3. The hub is shown in the Pic

a) two fans go to the hub
b) Hub goes to CPU_OPT
c) Pump goes to CPU

Solution

Nick_156

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
Sweet I got it working. I had originally had it setup the opposite of what you said cause I saw someone say to do that but I got worried when it wasn't working. Switched and now it works great, thanks!