Where to put two fans in my computer case.

duongthompson

Reputable
May 3, 2014
i'm getting a NZXT Source 210 case and I heard the fan that comes with it is loud, so I'm getting two Noctua NF-P12's and I'm wondering where i should put them. Thanks in advance.

Solution

I dont see a reason why not ^^ I would get the PWM versions...

Charitzo

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2013
Ideally, you would need four fans. You should add two to your front pannel, to act as intakes. Then, you should add one to the roof of your case, and to the rear, these will function as out-flows. This will draw cool air in from the front of the case, pull it up to the mobo/GPU, and dissipate the warm air out from the case.

One thing to bare in mind NF-P12's are pressure optimised fans. These will channel air in a fairly concentrated pattern. For maximum airflow for the case, I would use air-flow optimised fans. Pressure optimised fans are more suitable for placement in restricted areas, such as behind your mobo or on a HDD cage.

duongthompson

Reputable
May 3, 2014

Would Noctua Nf-S12A's work?

Charitzo

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2013

I dont see a reason why not ^^ I would get the PWM versions personally.

Solution

duongthompson

Reputable
May 3, 2014

One more thing, would you use the low noise adapters or are they already pretty quiet

Pondering

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
The low noise adapters are for HTPC purpose. Try them without the low noise adapter first to see if you notice them since the 210 is a larger care it will require more airflow to create air pressure.

If it doesn't come with a power supply filter, consider mounting the power supply with the fan facing up.

duongthompson

Reputable
May 3, 2014

i will try that, thanks

TRENDING THREADS