Question Where to source a copy of Windows 10 on DVD ?

jmacintosh

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
the general consensus seems to be that win 10 is better than win 11 in terms of user control and privacy. even though that isnt saying much. However it also seems hard to find a copy on DVD. does anyone know where I can purchase a Windows 10 Pro DVD with registry key out there in the retail space? I suppose I could go with the USB version since that seems more popular now. Thanks for your help.

Though at this point get windows 11. In a year basically you’ll need to switch anyway. I’m sure there are ways to turn off some of the things. If you are really concerned there’s a project out I think called tiny 11 which basically lets you customize the windows 11 iso. Never used it though.

jmacintosh

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
You can go online and use the windows 10 media creation tool to create an iso, and burn the ISO to a blank DVD. You should then be able to use the key from a USB set.
Is that true? You can purchase a win 11 key and use it to install the win 10 media? I just want to be sure because that is a lot of money to burn if I'm wrong in doing so.