[SOLVED] Where'd the 1600 AF go?

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
Hey all, so I'm building a budget gaming PC, and was planning to use the Ryzen 5 1600 AF. I looked on Amazon today and found that it was gone or something! It just says: "available from these sellers" and the sellers all seem a little sketchy to me. They're also going for like $110 now. Anybody know where I can find one at the normal $85? or do I have to go with the normal 1600 or 2600?

Solution
If on a tight budget, the 2600 would be a good choice. If fact, if you have microcenter near you, the one in my area has the 2600x for 79.99. They have an open box one for 63 which at that price, wow!

Or they have the 3600 for 150. I have one of those and can definitely recommend it. But the 2600x if you can get it at 80 bucks is a steal.
Looks to be sold out. Those sellers are probably people who stockpiled. I don't see any stock available anywhere through any sources currently and to be honest, I don't expect we'll see it in stock again at all. I would expect those were early samples used for that purpose and they've likely depleted them and are now moving on to more profitable products. I really doubt they'd continue producing those for low margins.

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
Looks to be sold out. Those sellers are probably people who stockpiled. I don't see any stock available anywhere through any sources currently and to be honest, I don't expect we'll see it in stock again at all. I would expect those were early samples used for that purpose and they've likely depleted them and are now moving on to more profitable products. I really doubt they'd continue producing those for low margins.
Nooooooooooo. Ah that's okay I guess. If you don't mind, is there any AM$ cpu you'd reccomend? I've already bought a B450M steel legend and I'm doing 1080p 75hz gaming with an RX 570. I also want to do some light streaming of maybe Minecraft or R6... possibly record video of demanding games like Mirror's Edge Catalyst too.
Thanks!

If on a tight budget, the 2600 would be a good choice. If fact, if you have microcenter near you, the one in my area has the 2600x for 79.99. They have an open box one for 63 which at that price, wow!

Or they have the 3600 for 150. I have one of those and can definitely recommend it. But the 2600x if you can get it at 80 bucks is a steal.

Solution

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019

Ah that’s too bad. I live in Nevada and it looks like I don’t have a micro center near me. =(