Where's Waldo? There He Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montezuma

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
...49 feet later..."Awwww, fuck!!! Waldo is lost! Sounds the alarm!"

Peon ask, "Sir, why not search one more foot before letting people know we lost Waldo?"

Boss replies, "You idiot, one does not simply move beyond 49 feet underwater! The earth is flat and you might fall off the end."

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
They lost track of it, it was not responding. Depending on the water conditions, it's nearly impossible to see 50 feet from you in the water, so if you're not looking in the right spot or looking directly at it, fat chance in finding it.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
They should have installed a self-inflating buoy in case the computer stopped giving out a good signal (i.e. "yes I'm running" or "yes I'm communicating"). Might make it a little easier to see if it mysteriously shuts down again, especially if it decides to sink next time.

decepticon

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]They should have installed a self-inflating buoy in case the computer stopped giving out a good signal (i.e. "yes I'm running" or "yes I'm communicating"). Might make it a little easier to see if it mysteriously shuts down again, especially if it decides to sink next time.[/citation]

That's a good idea! Seriously.

BillSplivins

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2008
Depending on the water conditions, it's nearly impossible to see 50 feet from you in the water
Yeah but you would figure this boat would be equipped with a $200 sonar unit that can see a small fish @ 1000'

Titanius

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
[citation][nom]montezuma[/nom]...49 feet later..."Awwww, fuck!!! Waldo is lost! Sounds the alarm!"

Peon ask, "Sir, why not search one more foot before letting people know we lost Waldo?"

Boss replies, "You idiot, one does not simply move beyond 49 feet underwater! The earth is flat and you might fall off the end."[/citation]

That is EPIC WIN right there. Thanks for the TGIF laugh!

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Uhh, how DEEP was it? If it is an UNDERWATER vehicle then I think it's safe to assume it wasn't floating on the surface. Geesh! Give these guys a break fellas! 50 feet over, 1 mile down? I bet YOU wont find it either!

p00dl3_h3r0

Distinguished
May 13, 2005
Was a rope really out of the question? I mean, come on. This idea has been fool proof since the days of the greeks, and even helped some guy kill a minotaur. A MINOTAUR!

WheelsOfConfusion

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
[citation][nom]p00dl3_h3r0[/nom]Was a rope really out of the question? I mean, come on. This idea has been fool proof since the days of the greeks, and even helped some guy kill a minotaur. A MINOTAUR![/citation]
Well, yes. The whole point of having an autonomous probe is that you fire and forget while it does all the data logging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts